Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/30/2002 5:05:21 PM EDT
I have a Chinese copycat M1 carbine (Made on US supplied tooling that was captured by the Reds after the 1949 revolution)It is in very good condition, The Barrel & Receiver are Chinese made, The markings on the receiver match those listed in Larry Ruths book about the Carbine "War Baby 2", All other parts appear to be standard GI.
I have been offered 1K for the gun, I would guess it is very rare.
What is it worth? I posted this a while back & got no responses Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 9:58:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Impossible to validate on-line. That gun has to be looked at in person.

Generally speaking, Chinese copies of US arms or others aren't really worth anything. Witness the M1A, 1911A1, Broomhandle Mauser, Tokarov, etc. etc.

If I had your rifle & some schmuck offered me a grand for it, I'd be long gone with the cash.

My .o2
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 8:29:19 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Impossible to validate on-line. That gun has to be looked at in person.

Generally speaking, Chinese copies of US arms or others aren't really worth anything. Witness the M1A, 1911A1, Broomhandle Mauser, Tokarov, etc. etc.

If I had your rifle & some schmuck offered me a grand for it, I'd be long gone with the cash.

My .o2

Thanks for the reply, No one Not even Larry Ruth himself has been able to give me a good answer. I thought about taking the grand, But I promised myself that I will not sell any guns, After I sell a gun I always end up buying a replacement for twice the original price!  
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 8:36:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 3:31:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Try asking on www.milsurpshooter.com in the U.S. firearms forum. There are some really knowledgeable guys on that stuff over there.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 7:20:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Are you just wanting to keep something so rare,sort of a topic starter,or do you want to sell it or trade it for something of like value that you can shoot!

If you just want to look at something get a picture,or a plastic model to hang above your fireplace!    But thats just my unsoliceted thought!  Its nice to have something so cool just to have it,wouldnt you really rather have something you can shoot and not feel quilty of stealing from its value?

I wish I had one!    Bob    
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top