Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/6/2002 1:58:04 PM EDT
I am getting the Cavalry Arms Christmas special on a stripped lower and want to built it as a .45 or a 9mm. So the upper and mag block is the question I am looking for the best set up. If reliability is better from one brand and mag well adaptor to the next I want to go with the most reliable operating system.

I am open to different operating controls than what is on  a .223 AR. Since this one will be a dedicated pistol caliber gun. The mag release in a different place is not a problem, unless the design is a problem itself. ie mags falling out.

I am currently shooting .45 in pistols. So I know the cost of reloading .45 I have no 9mm but I am not opposed to buying some dies and setting up a tool head on my Dillon for them.
I have done some price checking on 9mm
verse .45 and with reloading each the cost difference isnt that great.

I know I can save a lot by buying  9mm new over new.45 and I like that.

Cheap mags are good too

Help me out If you are shooting both and have some comments you are the person I am looking at.

If you have already done the research I would like your help too. [

MERRY CHRISTMAS to me oh, and to you to

Link Posted: 12/6/2002 2:08:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I have an olympic arms .45 upper and i love it. The only downside to the .45 upper is magazine availablility. .45 mags for the ar are expensive and hard to come by. Although.... i do have a sten mag that works with .45 perfectly......
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 11:35:44 PM EDT
[#2]
get a oly arms 9mm one and a socom mag block then u can use unmodded sten mags and those are really cheap.

Link Posted: 12/7/2002 4:30:06 AM EDT
[#3]
I agree.  Get the Oly 9mm and the SOCOM magblock.  I have one and love it.  It shoot cheap 9mm and uses cheap sten mags.  You can't go wrong.  I have had not a single hicup or problem with this system.  Some will tell you to go RRA or Colt System, but the mags are expensive.

I looked into the Colt System and did not like the dedicated 9mm hammer and buffer spring and buffer.  The Beauty of the Oly system is by simply swapping upper receivers and taking out the magblock then you are back to the original caliber of the weapon system.

I hope this helps.

max
Link Posted: 12/7/2002 7:13:22 PM EDT
[#4]
xxxxx
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top