Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/18/2002 8:14:37 PM EDT
Greetings.

I am interested in finding a club with a rifle range featuring 200, 300, 500 and/or 600 yard ranges.  Shotgun and pistol ranges would be nice, too, but not a priority.  I am located in Onondaga County, but am willing to travel up to an hours distance or so if I have to.

Doug, Camillus club is the best I have found so far, thanks to you, but it only sounds out to 300 yards and a shooter is allowed to load only one round in the magazine at a time.  I cannot imagine how I will manage 10 round rapid fire drills.

Many thanks in advance for any and all suggestions.

O'DubhGhaill
Link Posted: 11/18/2002 8:42:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 6:42:15 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
shooter is allowed to load only one round in the magazine at a time.  

O'DubhGhaill

You're joking!  I think I shot Garands there for highpower stuff years (20?) ago. Sad to see them become nancy boys

I rode by there on my mountain bike last month and thought it was a nice range from what little I saw, I must not have noticed they were wearing skirts.

The only ranges in my county (Oswego) are not that long although there are pistol and shotgun ranges. I would also be interested in finding a longer range in this area for 300+ shooting if anyone has any leads.

Also someone posted about an indoor range in onondaga county, what was that and does anyone know the hours since it now gets dark around noon now.

After closely reading the Camillus Sportsmen's Club Rules & Regs, I should clarify the issue of one round at a time: "All firearms should be loaded with ONE shell only, unless match required [sic] sustained fire." (emphasis in original.)  Well, although "should" isn't "must," it still reads to mean one round at a time when practicing.  Not good.  I sent an e-mail to the folks at New York High Power www.nyhighpower.com/ asking about ranges;  I will post any worthwhile response(s).

In response to your query about the indoor pistol range, someone told me about the Syracuse Pistol Club, I believe it's called, indoor and what not.  As for me, however, since it's going to take me an incredible amount of time, money, and inconvenience to complete the pistol licensing process just to legally possess my Browning Hi-Power in my home let alone to carry to the range, I'm not too much interested in pistol ranges for the time being (see my post about this in the Legal Section and General Discussion -- New York's restrictions on citizen's 2d Amendment rights via its licensing requirements are deplorable).

O'DubhGhaill
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top