Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/8/2002 5:15:23 PM EDT
Times are tuff and I have to sell my 2001 LEGP. What is a fair price?  It's in excellent condition and I added a Colt buttstock
Link Posted: 11/8/2002 7:21:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Honestly?  If you were wondering about any sort of "collector value"?  Probably no more than any other used RRA rifle in the same config, except that you may have a tougher time selling it because the engraving may actually turn some potential buyers off.  After the sale on these first ended, I recall a couple going for some pretty insane prices, but it seems that folks have since come to their senses.  

The rifle is really missing pretty much everything that makes a collectable series, well, collectable.  No special packaging, no standard config and/or set of accessories, no special run of serial numbers, the whole silly numbering scheme ("XXX of 1000", when there were only 300 odd ones made), etc.  

Also, while ar15.com is a great place, a limited edition style firearm sponsored by it doesn't really carry the same "weight" as say something put out by a large manufacturer, franklin mint, NRA, etc.   Even these really often don't appreciate in value, as they really are an attempt to artificially create a collector's item.  Perhaps waaay down the road they may be worth more than a standard firearm (if kept in unfired/pristine condition, all boxes and accessories, etc), but in the meantime, you see clearing houses like CDNN turning out the limited edition "Infinite Justice" Berettas, LAPD S&W's, etc for less than the normal versions.

Even if any such collector's value existed, it probably went down the tubes when you swapped out the original stock anyways (provided you don't still have the original, of course).  The last two I saw for sale on the EE sat for a loooong time, and basically ended up going for the same as any other rifle in a similar config.

Sorry to burst your bubble if you were looking to get any significant amount over what you originally spent on the rifle.

Rocko
Link Posted: 11/8/2002 9:21:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Wow, that was harsh.

But yeah, I knew most of that I was just describing the rifle the best I could because I don't have a picture.

I knew from the start it wasn't going to be "special" except for the coolness of the big group hug on the internet.  
Link Posted: 11/8/2002 10:53:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I saw acouple on the EE board about a month ago for $950.00.  One had several mags and a carry bag.

Don't know if they sold.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top