Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/2/2002 2:49:57 PM EDT
A couple years ago I put a folding stock on my sks.  I have since found out how much trouble I can get in if it is post ban.  I was wondering where i could go for a list of serial numbers.

Also, I heard that "no chinese sks can have a bayonet" Is this true even for prebans

Thanks,
Clint
Link Posted: 11/3/2002 4:04:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Finding a list of any Polytech or Norinco stuff (SKS AK's) is hard, that's why there is so much fraud in the pre-89 market.
As for Chi-com SKS having bayonets I've seen hundreds with the Bayonet, but they are all pre-89. 1989 is when then President Bush, signed an excutive order banning the importation of any "Non Sporting firearm". SKS laws are varied on state, federal and local levels, so my advice would be to also check with the guys on the AK boards.

JerrY
Link Posted: 11/3/2002 6:12:39 AM EDT
[#2]
www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Gorge/4653/bardsks.htm

Excerpt from link above:

"In answer to your specific questions, the following modifications of an SKS type rifle WOULD _NOT_ BE A VIOLATION of Section 922 (r):
1. Replace the existing stock and handguard with a non-folding wooden or synthetic stock having either a Monte Carlo or thumbhole design.
2. Attach a muzzle mounted recoil compensator, provided that the device is not also designed as a flash suppressor.
3. Replace the standard configuration stock with a Monte Carlo or thumbhole style stock and replace the fixed magazine with a detachable magazine. THIS MODIFICATION MAY BE DONE PROVIDED THAT THE BAYONET MOUNT IS COMPLETELY REMOVED FROM THE RIFLE.
4. Replace the existing 10 round magazine with a fixed magazine of a larger capacity.
5. Replace the existing 10 round magazine with a fixed 5 round magazine or install a block in the well of the 10 round fixed magazine to limit its capacity to 5 rounds.
6. Replace the existing receiver cover with a cover having a telescopic sight based and\or rings.
7. Replace the front and\or rear sight or install an ambidextrous safety.
With respect to attaching a bipod to a standard configuration SKS rifle; standard configuration SKS rifles are not approved for importation with bipods. Therefore, the attachment of a bipod would be a violation of Section 922(r)."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top