Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2002 1:19:44 AM EDT
If I put a muzzle break on a threaded 16" barrel and then weld it on and remove the bayonett lug, will the upper now be considered post ban?
What method of welding is the best and easiest?
Link Posted: 9/24/2002 3:12:49 AM EDT
[#1]
ARMPIT,
      YOU ARE WALKING  IN A SHADE OF GRAY AREA,
DEPENDS WHAT MUZZLE BRAKE YOUR GOING TO USE, IF IT IS A STANDARD RIFLE SUCH AS A K.D.F. OR MAG-NA-BRAKE STYLEING YOU SHOULD BE FINE, SILVER BRAZING PASTE WILL PUT YOU IN THE CLEAR. MELTING POINT IS APPROX 1400fht.

BY ALL MEANS REMOVE THAT LUG.
ALSO WILSON`S COMBAT WILL INSTALL IT FOR UNDER $100.00 WITH A LETTER OF COMPL. FROM THE A.T.F.

DEPENDS ON HOW SAFE YOU WANT TO BE?

RON KONTOWSKY
ACTIONS BY R.A.K. CUSTOM GUNSMITHING
Link Posted: 9/24/2002 3:54:31 AM EDT
[#2]
it's legal but if you do it yourself make damn sure if won't come off!

which break will you use.
if you want results and don't care what it looks like take a look at the JP enterprises break.  I have been wanting one of these for a while and supposedly it removes all muzzle impulse.  they have a video of a guy holding a rifle at arms length one handed firing it full auto.  
Link Posted: 9/24/2002 4:12:35 AM EDT
[#3]
I can only describe the JP brake with one word
UGLY!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top