Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2002 6:20:02 PM EDT
Are these rifles worth saving the money, and hassle of FINDING a pre-ban G3?

Assuming they are built by (ghasp) Century...Do they at least make a decent platform for a restoration by a good smith?

(BTW, I am talking about the ones that actually have the FMP stamped reciever)

Also...how hard is it to change out the barrel on a G3?
Link Posted: 9/21/2002 1:51:26 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd g to HKpro to find out more but...

As long as you have the FMP receiver you can do a lot. I built my clone on one and it functions flawlessly.

You can't change out a barrel yourself, it requires a big press.

The rifles are great, but unless you are building a precision gun, the FALs are far cheaper, have less recoil, often weigh less, and have a ton of parts available, and are just as reliable.
Link Posted: 9/21/2002 6:47:34 AM EDT
[#2]
I wonder if these would be California legal without the pistol grip.....

Another firearm I wanted to purchase but couldn't before the ban.
Link Posted: 9/21/2002 12:04:41 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
The rifles are great, but unless you are building a precision gun, the FALs are far cheaper, have less recoil, often weigh less, and have a ton of parts available, and are just as reliable.

Im building a COLLECTION ....and I already have an EXTREMELY nice FAL built by Arizona Response Systems.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top