Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/16/2002 8:02:52 PM EDT
Just received the 617 I bought off gunbroker.com. Man is it sweeeeet. Handles beautifully, and it is by far the best .22 I have ever owned (10/22, S&W422, Heritage Rough Rider). Can't wait to shoot it. Man that trigger feels like glass. Way better than my previous 2 Ruger centerfire revolvers. Had a hard time justifying the money for a .22, but I feel better now that I have handled the product.

Does anyone know the model # for the HKS 10-shot speedloader for this revolver, I haven't been able to find it on the search engines?
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 11:22:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I too am a lover of 22LR revolvers. I own a 6" Colt Diamondback 22LR revolver that I bought back in 1990 at a very princely sum back then(read-it was the most expensive 22LR revovler I ever bought). Real sweet shooter, the gun is now a semi-collectible because Colt only made 1 run of those guns.
Link Posted: 9/17/2002 9:36:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Glad you like it.  The 617 is on my "get one eventually" list.  Nothing like the tiny .22 LR in a man-sized gun.
Link Posted: 9/17/2002 12:47:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Well I was checking out one of these and they are sweet If I already didn't have 3 .22's I would probably get one its just kind of hard to spend that kind of money on a fun gun for myself because I don't hunt I already have a few 22's and I am not going to use it for defense.

keep us posted on how it shoots,

how much did you get it for?
Link Posted: 9/17/2002 2:10:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I "bought it now" for $375. Tack on shipping and transfer--$425.

Not a bad price. I had been shopping for weeks and the best "New" price I could find was $525.

I am pleased because it really is in excellent condition. Buying a used gun over the net can be risky, but fortunately this guy was honest and just needed cash. Cylinder locks up tight, and the stainless steel has no deep scratches much less any minor ones!

I was amazed the first time I handled it. We have all handled crappy .22's but it felt so different to handle a .22 handgun and not be disappointed.

Anybody got some leads on that HKS 10 shot speedloader?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top