Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2002 5:29:12 PM EDT
When looking down at an FN pointing away from you. (Buttstock closest, barrel farthest) Which way do you drive out the magazine latch pin?  left to right, or right to left?
Link Posted: 9/13/2002 5:35:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Not sure which pin you are refering to but there is a screw (head in on the charging handle side) that holds the mag catch in the FAL type rifles. The end of it usually sticks out the ejection port side.
If you are asking about the ejector block pins (one is visible right next to the mag catch screw) they can come out either side since they are straight and not tapered. HTH, Chuck
Link Posted: 9/13/2002 5:47:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I may be wrong, but I think that screw is for the bolt release/hold open plunger. I took out that screw and cleaned the hold open plunger and it's spring. The pin I was refering to is about 6? mm behind that one. I bought one of the Dutch mag releases from Tapco, and wanted to install it. When I removed the screw, the plunger came out, but the mag catch was still locked in place.   Thanks..Andrew
Link Posted: 9/13/2002 6:02:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Andrew, The screw does hold in the bolt hold open and also the mag catch. You have to fiddle with the catch to get it out as the spring is in a recess and sort of holds the catch in also. Best way I can describe it is to take the screw out and and pull the catch down and todards the pistol grip at the same time. It will come out.
The pin you are describing is th elower pin that holds the ejector block in the upper receiver. Chuck
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top