Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2002 3:35:41 PM EDT
I have a 1903a3 in 30-06. When I shoot it, it feeds the first 10 rounds fine, but after it warms up, it will not pick up a round from the left side and I have to remove the round and manually work the bolt on an empty chamber before it will pick up the next round and put it in the chamber. This will continue until I let it cool down for 15-20 minutes, it will work flawlessly for the next 5 rounds, then back to jamming on me.

ANY IDEAS?

Link Posted: 9/12/2002 3:37:13 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I have a 1903a3 in 30-06. When I shoot it, it feeds the first 10 rounds fine, but after it warms up, it will not pick up a round from the left side and I have to remove the round and manually work the bolt on an empty chamber before it will pick up the next round and put it in the chamber. This will continue until I let it cool down for 15-20 minutes, it will work flawlessly for the next 5 rounds, then back to jamming on me.

ANY IDEAS?

Its broke, send it to me.  I'll give ya my balogna and cheese lunch for it.
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 5:24:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 5:32:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Check the floor plate / magazine junction at the recievier.  You may have to remove some wood from the stock to close this area.
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 5:37:42 PM EDT
[#4]
If none of the above suggestions does it for you, you might want to try posting your problem over on www.jouster.com.  There's a board there specializing in the 1903's.  If you find the answer (here or there), let us know what the problem was.  It sounds strange.
Link Posted: 9/23/2002 11:22:14 AM EDT
[#5]
PROBLEM FIXED! A new magazine spring was the solution. I fired ~100 rounds over the weekend without the first jam.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top