Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2002 4:49:59 PM EDT
Hello folks.

I've been debating if I should put the Tac-star sidesaddle on my Benelli M1 or not. I heard and read a lot of posts regarding problems with it when used with Sure-fire lights (617 series) due to increased weight and also there seems to be some problem installed on the receiver. (I'm not sure)

So I thought buttstock shell holder might be nice for this type of shotgun. I've tried one already and it was disappointing. (el cheapo one from uncle mikes) Then I saw Blackhawk tactical nylon's holder and thought it might hold on to the recoil because so far my experience with their product was superb.

Do you have any experience with them?
Link Posted: 8/22/2002 7:47:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the side saddle on my M1, and yes, I do have cycling problems with light loads.  The Surefire did not really give me much of a problem, but you are right that the Benellis are very sensive to added weight.

I decided to keep the sidesaddle on, because as a defensive gun, I plan to use only heavy loads.  Just make sure the side saddle is not on too tight, or it will pinch the receiver.  Also, make sure you try out several loads, so you know what will work and what will not work on your M1.  I mainly use Win SuperX 00 for defense, and S&B 00 for the range, and I have never had a single malfunction with either of those two loads.

I also have a buttstock shell holder from Eagle (GSAC).  This is a nice piece because the shell carrier is attached to the mount with velcro, so you can carry a couple of spare carriers to swap out with if you need to.

You could also use this same mount on a rifle, with the appropriate carriers.

Go with the Eagle, they make better products than BlackChicken, not to mention that all their gear is made in the USA.
Link Posted: 8/22/2002 8:12:41 PM EDT
[#2]
HKocher, thanks for your reply.

Besides the problems with Tac-star, I really didn't want to pin my receiver and I had no idea how it would mount and such.

I appreciate your recommendation. I will look into Eagle's products
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top