Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/12/2002 4:17:09 PM EDT
I just bought a Norinco 982 12 gauge.  It appears to be basically the same as a Remington 870.  Does anyone know if the accessories are interchangeable?  If they aren't, any ideas where I can find some made for this gun?

Also, what are the restrictions on shotguns.  It has an 18.5" barrel already, so I'm looking into folding stocks, etc.   Are these legal as long as the gun is a certain length?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 5:30:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 5:36:48 PM EDT
[#2]
make sure about the 26" overall because state laws vary. in michigan they have to be 30" overall with at least an 18" barrel.
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 6:12:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't know from first hand experience but my distributor told me that the M98 is interchangeable with 870 parts and accessories. In fact the plastic on that gun should be Choate 870 plastic.

Jake
Link Posted: 8/13/2002 2:48:18 PM EDT
[#4]
No promises, but I seem to remember somebody putting a folding stock on a Norinco, and all that was necessary was to get a Metric bolt to replace the U.S. threaded part.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top