Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/6/2002 1:36:12 PM EDT
Good price or can I do better? LNIB Blued Beretta 92FS, 2-10 round mags. The pistol is a consignment gun and is marked as used but appears darn near brand new. Bright white paint on the sights. Very few marks on the hammer from striking. Not marks on the barrel from the slide action. Seems like a pretty good deal. Most of the local shops are quoting me $550+ for a new one +8.6% sales tax.
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 1:59:56 PM EDT
[#1]
$449.00 is the right price for this LNIB pistol.
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 2:02:45 PM EDT
[#2]
A good if not outstanding price.  Haven't shopped for 92's lately but that seems to be about the going rate for nice used ones.  Some of the police trade ins are a bit less but usually in tougher shape.

Excellent gun by the way.  Been running one for over ten years.  Not a single malfunction of any kind.  None.  Zero. Nada.

Link Posted: 8/6/2002 2:16:48 PM EDT
[#3]
OUTSTANDING PRICE!!!!   The Beretta you described is virtually a brand new gun!!!

You can tell by my name that I am partial to Hk USP handguns.  With that, I will say this.  I own two 92FS's (One matte black the other stainless).  I own a Sig P220 and a P228.  I also own a glock 19 and a glock 21.  About 1/2 dozen 1911's.  With all that said, I would trust the 92FS with my life BEFORE ANY OTHER HANDGUN!!!!!!!

Just like Ameshaki, I have had my matte black 92FS for 11 years and my stainless for 10 years.  To this date, I have not had ONE FTF OR FTE with those two guns.  I've taken my black one to combat training around the country, from harsh desert/sand areas (gunsite, Thunderranch) to the east coast in water and muddy conditions (Blackwater training ctr), to my own department's training.  My gun has been through salt water, sand, grit, grime, sweat etc....

The 92FS's open top design is awesome.  My department also gave us a demonstration on a gun that they modified at the range about 10 years ago.  They took an old Beretta with thousands of thousands of rounds (we were told).  Plus we could tell this gun had been through the "mill" once or twice.

Then they used a grinding wheel and ground off the entire claw part of the extractor.  Basically there was no extractor anylonger.  Only the rear end piece was left in the slide part to cover the firing pin etc...

Then they loaded up a full magazine and pulled the trigger 15 times and had 15 rounds fire and eject.  The empty cases didn't go flying out like they normally would with a working extractor, but the rounds did come out after hitting the ejector rod and the gun functioned flawlessly.

I can't say that I've never had a jam or stove pipe with my Glocks, Hk USP'S, Sigs, or various 1911's.  

Sure I've had bad ammo (dead primers, squib loads etc...) but that was the ammo, not the gun's fault in any way.

Yeah the 92FS looks ugly, has gotten a bad "rap" from the ARMY testing days when they replaced the Colt 1911's, yet the gun is a combat "masterpiece".  

Just my own observation and opinion.  One last thing, a 92FS can go a long long long long long time without a cleaning.  It's unreal.  (personally my guns are spotless after I'm done training with them.)
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 3:09:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Dark H.,
as Ameshawki and I have indicated $449.00 is a reasonable price.  No it's not great nor wondeful but the price is fair.
--------------------------------------------

Hk45USP, after reading your analysis, I must agree the H&K USP is a very fine pistol.
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 3:35:40 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
OUTSTANDING PRICE!!!!   The Beretta you described is virtually a brand new gun!!!

I called the shop back and asked them to hold it for me until I get there after work. My girlfriend is gonna be a little torqued.

You can tell by my name that I am partial to Hk USP handguns.  With that, I will say this.  I own two 92FS's (One matte black the other stainless).  I own a Sig P220 and a P228.  I also own a glock 19 and a glock 21.  About 1/2 dozen 1911's.  With all that said, I would trust the 92FS with my life BEFORE ANY OTHER HANDGUN!!!!!!!

I also have a Glock 21 and I love it. Bought the Glock 30 first on my 21st birthday and then decided to get the fullsize also. The only FTF/FTE I've had with that we're A) Bad ammo (read: Wolf ) B) New extended barrel and Gemtech SOS-45 during break in.

I was considering a Glock 19 since my girlfriend doesn't like the recoil from my G21 or G30. And I will probably end up getting one of those too as "her" gun. But I wanted a 92FS because the stock, factory barrel is just long enough past the slide to thread and add a suppressor according to my pal at Gemtech. Vortex-9 here I come.

Thanks for all the replies you guys!
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 4:07:45 PM EDT
[#6]
DarkHelmet....Check your E-Mail....I have an M9 marked Beterra for sale
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 7:26:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Called the gun shop back and asked them to hold it. Then I headed over after work and bought it. It appears that this was only test fired at the factory and maybe saw 1 or 2 10 round mags worth of ammo MAX. I bought a box of ammo with it and went out on the range. It shot very nice. It will look good in my safe. Thanks for all the advice guys!
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 7:27:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Got your e-mail... thanks for the offer. I'll take some of those high caps off your hands if the price is right.
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 8:53:15 PM EDT
[#9]
DH, did you pick that up at Ben's Loan in Renton?  They had one there just as you described.  If not, check out Ben's for hi-cap mags.  They always have great prices, and if you want to barter down, talk to Marty.
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 8:59:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Oh yeah, DH, were you test firing your suppressed Glock in Idaho or Oregon?  It certainly wasn't in WA because that would have been against the law here in WA. I wouldnt like to see anyone tripped up by the fact that although suppressors are legal in WA state, they are illegal to be used in WA state.  Go Figure
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 9:31:02 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Oh yeah, DH, were you test firing your suppressed Glock in Idaho or Oregon?  It certainly wasn't in WA because that would have been against the law here in WA. I wouldnt like to see anyone tripped up by the fact that although suppressors are legal in WA state, they are illegal to be used in WA state.  Go Figure

Oregon my friend. Yeah... stupid Class C Misdemeanors. I have a connection at the Portland PD so I get to use their range. It's too bad.... you shell out $500 or so for a can, then the .gov rapes you for another $200 on top of that.... then I shelled out $200 for an extended, threaded barrel... all that $$$ to buy a toy that I need to drive 3 hours to play with. .

It was quite funny when I was at the PDX PD range because another officer brought in a P22 and Outback suppressor and his partner owns two registered M16 receivers so they are very pro-gun/pro-Class III and they were asking me all kinds of questions. Trying to find out if it was a just violation or if it was a misdemeanor or felony to shoot it in WA. The one cop said, "That's too bad... if it was only a violation then the officer would have to witness you doing it...." He was basically trying ot figure out if I could get away with shooting it in WA.... and he was a cop! Very cool cops at that.

I bought a Rem 870 12 gauge AOW so that I could play with that here and the tax was only $5.00. Awaiting papers and a stamp now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top