Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2002 1:53:52 AM EDT
I carry my SP101 in my pocket and I didn't like the hammer spur hanging up on my pants. So, I filed the notch off of the bottom of the hammer that catches the back of the trigger. That made it double action only. Next I cut off the hammer spur, filed it smooth and then polished it. It doesn't look great but I did it with a Dremel and it works. I'll probably recontour the back of the hammer to match the shape of the frame and then bead blast it at some point.
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 1:58:33 AM EDT
[#1]
FWIW, They make a SP101 that has the countoured hammer your dremeling already on it, you can get it from Ruger parts dept.

Mike

PS - Have a factory magna-ported one which came that way, nice pistola.
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 2:10:08 AM EDT
[#2]
I always thought it'd be cool to have a commander type hammer spur on the SP101,just to leave the option of single action.I had a 2-1/4" barrel model,and beleive it or not ,it was incredibly accurate at some pretty long distances.
I also enjoyed showing off the four foot long fireball that comes outta the front of these things with full power magnums.Lots a laughs!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top