Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/25/2002 11:15:45 PM EDT
The best I got was a 3 round burst, Its an SAR-1, I couldnt get it to work at all, then I put my thumb in my pocket, (to keep my hand from moving) and my index finger on the trigger. but the best I could get was 3 round bursts. I guess Ill just have to keep practicing, It was about dusk, so the flash looked really cool!!
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 11:37:26 PM EDT
[#1]
the prob you will have with the AK is the amount of trigger movement needed to engage and disengage the disconect. Also depending on the type of break you have it will be easier or harder. The more the rifle recoils the faster the cyclic rate and the easier it will be. The best gun I have found so far is a carbine AR10. That thing rocked. Try leting your trigger hand float and not hooking your thumb. If you can get the 3 round burt you are well on your way. It sounds like tou are not letting the rifle move enough. Try the same thing but vary the amount of pressure you are using to hold the gun. Good luck and bring lots of ammo. Once you can get the thing to dump a full mag you will be hooked.
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 4:43:45 AM EDT
[#2]
M1 garand bump fires well-too bad you run out after 8 rnds.
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 6:28:18 AM EDT
[#3]
I tried with my SKS a while back and got one three round burst and several doubles. Then I ran out of ammo.
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 6:36:13 AM EDT
[#4]
I can rip through 30 rounds like full auto.
I have a SAR-1 as well.
Remember, its a constant fluid motion forward with
your left arm. You'll get it.
There is a rythum to it. ( damn ! after reading this again later, it sounds perverted)
My pre ban Colt does it
as well. But muzzel brakes do restrict the recoil,
but not enough on AK's.
I have a AR 9mm on the way with no muzzel brake.
Im gonna bump fire the hell out of it.
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 1:20:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Somebody teach that man the "string trick"!
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 1:24:28 PM EDT
[#6]
i have an sar2 that i can BUZZ through a whole mag in like 1.5 seconds flat!!!!!!!!
it's sweet! pointless, and a waste of ammo, yes, but it's MY ammo.
i think some rifles are assier to do it to,for example i can't even get 3 rds from ANY of the ARs.
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 7:27:04 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

yeah.....
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 7:30:25 PM EDT
[#8]
What is bump  firing? I assume you you the recoil to keep hitting the trigger but how do you do it exactly?
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 7:30:25 PM EDT
[#9]
I tried this today too for the first time, with my SAR1  best I could manage was 5.
Oh, using Wolf... great stuff!

lets see, IIRC, it was www.ammoman.com..... ????  
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 8:53:16 PM EDT
[#10]
I tried to bump fire my AK today too......

and burnt my fuckin finger tips!

Damm thing gets HOT!
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 9:11:41 PM EDT
[#11]
I saw a movie trailer somewhere the other day, maybe when I went to see Men in Black ll, and some dude burst into a room holding a pistol (might have been a Beretta 92) in one hand and the fore finger of the other hand inside the trigger guard. I 'bout fell out of my chair. He was bump firing that pistol. hehehe

I gotta' try that with my M1911 one of these days.
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 9:20:54 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
What is bump  firing? I assume you you the recoil to keep hitting the trigger but how do you do it exactly?

Bump firing is what people do to mimic full auto fire.  If you don't live in an NFA-friendly state, that's the closest you'll get to fa fire.  You can't fire accurately, but it's really fun.

It's hard to explain how to bump fire.  You have to see it for yourself because there are different techniques.  When I do it, I kind of pull the rifle to my trigger finger.  It's really hard to do.  I can never get more than 4 shots.

Link Posted: 7/26/2002 9:39:09 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Grab the forearm with your left hand.  Put the rifle against your right thigh. Put your right thumb in your pocket(it helps keeping your hand stationary) place your index finger in the trigger gaurd and use your left hand to slowly pull the rifle forward.  The trick is to let the rifle dance, while letting your left hand pull gently against(forward) the recoil of the rifle.  Your first few shot will start off slow, but as the rifle gets a rythem, you will burn threw the clip in short order.

Once you get used to the rythem of the rifle bumping, you can then start shouldering the rifle and bump.  The trick to this is to use your middle finger instead of your first finger, it will be less likly to ride with the trigger and be a better stationary point.

P.S. The best bumping is done with a 100 round drum(straight dump).  The people around you(mostly pissed off) will never beleive that the rifle is a semi, and it takes forever until the dust has settled if you are shooting into a dirt bank.
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 9:41:52 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
The best I got was a 3 round burst, Its an SAR-1, I couldnt get it to work at all, then I put my thumb in my pocket, (to keep my hand from moving) and my index finger on the trigger. but the best I could get was 3 round bursts. I guess Ill just have to keep practicing, It was about dusk, so the flash looked really cool!!

Where you up at Left Hand Cayon???????
Link Posted: 7/27/2002 11:09:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Rule #1 DO NOT USE YOUR INDEX , OR TRIGGER FINGER!!!
Go to my site and read the instructions...IF you still can't get it, try placing yout thumb in your pocket and do the same thing, it works SO much easier..
members.aol.com/bishop042/bump.html

BISHOP
Link Posted: 7/27/2002 11:15:14 PM EDT
[#16]
I don't know what size mag you are using, but with a --

30 rounder, that would be 1,200 rpm.
40 rounder, that would be 1,600 rpm.
50 rounder, that would be 2,000 rpm.
65 rounder, that would be 2,600 rpm.
75 rounder, that would be 3,000 rpm.
100 rounder, that would be 4,000 rpm.

All are well in excess of the rof on an AK type full-auto.

With a 20 rounder that would be 800 rpm, which seems a little high for bump firing.

So, I am guessing it is a 10 round magazine ? That would be 400 rpm.

At 400 rpm, a 75 round drum should produce an 11.25 second burst.

With a 100 round drum, the burst should last 15 seconds. Now, there is a reason to get a drum...if I've ever seen one.

Quoted:
i have an sar2 that i can BUZZ through a whole mag in like 1.5 seconds flat!!!!!!!!
it's sweet! pointless, and a waste of ammo, yes, but it's MY ammo.
i think some rifles are assier to do it to,for example i can't even get 3 rds from ANY of the ARs.

Link Posted: 7/27/2002 11:23:34 PM EDT
[#17]
If the ROF is 400 rpm, as I estimate, then --

10 rounds = 1.5 seconds
20 rounds = 3 seconds
30 rounds = 4.5 seconds
50 rounds = 7.5 seconds
65 rounds = 9.75 seconds
75 rounds = 11.25 seconds
100 rounds = 15 seconds (1/4 minute)
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 1:14:07 AM EDT
[#18]
WTF does mag capacity have to do with cyclic rate? [:\]

Nothing. You can't increase the rate of fire by increasing magazine capacity.

BTW, I agree with BISHOP about hooking your thumb in your front pocket, but I use my thumb as a trigger finger, placing it through the trigger guard.
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 7:48:12 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

"string trick"!

Link Posted: 7/28/2002 9:08:23 AM EDT
[#20]
Is there a way you can do it from the shoulder?  What do you like about the trigger devices or the lighting links?
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 9:33:21 AM EDT
[#21]
 Best I can get is 2rd bursts I can get alot of these though . I was wondering which finger to use and considered the thumb .
Guess I need to to back to the range with plenty of ammo . last time I only brought 120 rds  for my SAR-1 . More practice ,  more ammo , more fun .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top