Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/24/2002 6:54:02 PM EDT
I have a 422 that is on the high side of 30k rounds.
It has started extracting half way.
When that happensto other folks at the club pistol fun night they go home, pull off the extractor, and file it flat again. They all have rugers, so it's easy, and it fixes the problem.
I cannot figure out how to remove the extractor on the 422 to do that.
Any help from the experts?
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 7:06:10 PM EDT
[#1]

I cannot figure out how to remove the extractor on the 422 to do that.
Any help from the experts?

Remove the slide, I assume you know how.

The extractor pin is held in with simple spring tension from the extractor itself.

Use a small instrument (jeweler's screwdriver, etc) to press the side of the extractor inwards while gently tapping the slide down on a firm surface. The pin should fall out the bottom.  You may have to coax it along somehow, but mine got loose after just a few taps.
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 7:09:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Going to try it now.
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 7:22:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Okay, got it out. The banging didn't work, so I used a pick to lever the pin down while pressing on the extractor and then grabbed the end of the pin with pliers once I got it out enough.
It looks like a fine black coarse coating is covering all parts, even the pin. I am soaking them with cleaner in hopes of getting it off.
Looking at the extractor, it is beveled on the end.
The hook is so tight that I am going to pick up a fine file tomorrow so I can get it flat on the face side, there is just not enough room for anything but a very small hobby file in that space.
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 7:26:14 PM EDT
[#4]
This is what's cool about this site, post a question, get an answer within 15 minutes...and it's even the right answer.

Thanks Ken_Mays. It was a real help.
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 1:59:57 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:This is what's cool about this site, post a question, get an answer within 15 minutes...and it's even the right answer.

Thanks Ken_Mays. It was a real help.

No problem.  I'm just glad I was at home and within reach of my 422 at the time ;)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top