Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2002 8:43:42 AM EDT
The main use is going to be target shooting so a good trigger and especially accuracy area  amust but thi sis also to be a entry level gun so nothing fancy really. Here are my final choices which I need feedback on concerning accuracy, feel, reliability, etc.

Glock 21/G21C (I dont know how much better the compensated model is so...) Best prices? Top Glock seems to have good prices...

CZ 75B (9mm) with Firepoint Optic (Tasco Optima 2000 but already mounted) Found it real cheap for about 430 dollars new from Dave's Guns

CZ 97B (the .45 caliber) can be had for 460 at Dave's Guns? Any better deals? How is accuracy?

Walther P990 (DAO trigger: heavy and long trigger pull: I likes) 9mm pistol DAO, trying to find out good prices. Accuracy reportedly dismal. 2.5 inches at 35 yards is bad, or isn't it?

SA XD pistols (Want to stay away from sharp recoil of .40 S&W so either the 9mm or maybe the .357 SIG but how good is the .357 SIG and isn't that also a very sharp recoiling round like the .40?) Prices?

Was thinking abot a Jericho but that costs lots o' $$$ for horrible accuracy (At least that's what I heard). Feedback?

So what should I get? What is the best from the list? If you have 2 choices write me both. If you think you have somehting else that I would like write about it and give info. Thanks,

SIG out,

Doggonit
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 10:07:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Two that I have on your list are the CZ 75B and the HS2000 precursor to the XD, both 9mm.  I also have a CZ 75 pre-B.  All three are very accurate and very ergonomically adapted to gripping as compared to the Glock, which feels like a polymer furring strip in my hand.  I had a G17 that I sold when I bought my first HS2000, I liked the HS so much and could shoot it so well.  The CZ 75 (B or pre-B) is an exceptional value and is particularly accurate due to the design of the action and the resultant smooth DA and SA pulls.  You can't go wrong with either.

I have medium-sized hands and the CZ 97 trigger is way too far out there for my finger to engage.  Consider that if you hands are smallish, too.

IMO, I would not waste the time going beyond the HS/XD or the CZ 75B.

Noah

Link Posted: 7/21/2002 5:29:05 PM EDT
[#2]
The CZ-97s are great, but are for big-handed people.

Jericho accuracy is fairly decent.  They aren't as good as the CZ's they're clones of, but they're good for the money.  Think of them as Rugers that you don't have to feel guilty about.
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 7:19:22 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
The CZ-97s are great, but are for big-handed people.

Jericho accuracy is fairly decent.  They aren't as good as the CZ's they're clones of, but they're good for the money.  Think of them as Rugers that you don't have to feel guilty about.

I don't feel the least bit guilty about my Rugers.  Only uniformed folks feel guilty about Rugers.
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 7:35:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Maybe GungHo was talking about Billy Rugers satanic politics.

Knock the Glock off your list from the get-go if a nice trigger is what you want.  Glock triggers cannot be made "sweet".  The poundage can be lowerd, but that's it.

NOW - that being said - I've got a stack of pistols - they're all Glocks with standard triggers (except for two Ruger P89's ).

Glock = Best combat pistol ever, IMHO.

Compensated handguns are for target/games ONLY.  NOT for self defense.  Hold a compensated pistol in a retention position and pull the trigger on a live round...... yay! - your deaf and blind!  

CZ's are great values.
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 7:38:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 7:40:37 PM EDT
[#6]
The CZ-97 is a great pistol, and it is extremely accurate, but as has been stated, it works well for people with large hands.

The 75B is a great all around pistol, and it is my daily carry pistol.  I've played around with it at 200 yards against a 8"x11" steel gong and if everything is working for me I have been able to put 3 out of 15 rounds on the gong.  Of course it performs better up close and personal.

I would give any current CZ pistol a very high thumbs up.  They are the equal in reliablity and accuracy of any Glock, Sig, Beretta, Walther, H&K, etc. but cost significantly less because theCzech economy is in the shitter and your dollar buys much more there than in Germany.  I've owned Glocks, Sigs, Berettas, Walthers, H&K's, etc. so I make my statement with confidence.

The Glocks are very accurate though, especially in .45, but they just don't fit my hand very well.

Hope that helped a little bit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top