Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/19/2002 7:25:45 AM EDT
OK, got my Lucas boreguide (the supposed be all and end all of boreguides), but I guess I'm not quite sure how to use it...  It is a two-piece system, the main tube you plug into the chamber and then a smaller insert that goes into that.  Am I to presume that you first stick your bare rod through the insert, then attach the brush, patch, etc? Then stick this assembly into the larger tube?  

Is that all there is to it?  If so, I don't see what all the fuss is about, or why it cost $40.  The insert that is the only really guide to the system is actually pretty loose around my Dewey rod, and allows the jag to slightly brush the crown on the way back through the muzzle.   While my previous cheapie $10 "iforgetwhatbrand" bore guide tended to move around a bit more, it seemed to keep the rod more centered and did a better job of preventing anything from touching the crown.

Am I missing something?

Rocko
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top