Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2002 7:41:27 PM EDT
All:

Looking for some opinions....

I've got a Mossberg 9200A1 that sits in the safe a lot. Has had maybe 30 rounds through it.
Should I keep it and have some work done on it (ghost ring sights, chokes, side saddle...) Or
should I sell it and get something else - Rem 870, 11/87, 1100, something else?

What are these things going for now?

It will be used as a "social" (tactical) weapon.

Thanks,

Greg

Link Posted: 7/19/2002 5:28:20 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
All:

Looking for some opinions....

I've got a Mossberg 9200A1 that sits in the safe a lot. Has had maybe 30 rounds through it.
Should I keep it and have some work done on it (ghost ring sights, chokes, side saddle...) Or
should I sell it and get something else - Rem 870, 11/87, 1100, something else?

What are these things going for now?

It will be used as a "social" (tactical) weapon.

Thanks,

Greg

Trick it out AND get something else.....
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 7:21:36 AM EDT
[#2]
What he already said.
Trick out the the one you already own - Then find a used 870 wingmaster magnum & trick it out too!
As far as the 1187 or 1100 I think these are heavy,even tho I do own a 1187 for hunting with.
You did'nt mention a Win. 1300.I see em around,At low costs too.
  just my 02c.
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 7:48:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Keep it, its one of a few Mossberg semi's out there. And they work well.Not worth a lot on the market, but ask most owners, they wont get rid of them.
I found that if I use full power loads, I have no problems with mine. I have a 5500(forerunner of the 9200)w/a 24 in cylinder bore barrell with tritium rifle sights. I did the same thing. Tac'd it out.
Now I have to tell you, good luck finding a side shell carrier. I had to make mine out of a Redfield scope mount that I cut down and attached the carrier to with rivets.
As far as stocks or parts, go to the Mossberg collectors society. They have green and black synthetics for it.(Shameless plug- I have a set of walnut stocks that'll fit your 9200 for sale in shotgun parts forum if you want stock set to mess with,paint,etc)
They didnt make a barrell under 24 in. for this gun,Unless you can find a jungle gun barrell,( highly unlikely) so a gunsmith might be useful in that respect.
Choate makes mag extensions and a pistol grip stock as well(but why go that route? You wont be able to activate the safety without losing your firing grip.)
Also, Mossberg sells their ghostring sights as an aftermarket part kit. Contact them and they'll help you out. Hope that helps!
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 8:49:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Let me clarify. The 9200A1 is the Mil-spec "Jungle Gun".
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 12:40:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Well mine is NOT a1....but I WON`T get rid of it.....it IS a parkerized...syn stock....I invested in a cant...rifled bbl.....what a great gun.....I have other shotguns  also......besides...the jungle gun does`nt need too much improvement.....since they quit making them....hang on to it for a while....matter of fact...I might look around for another one.....
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 1:54:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Sell it...
to me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top