Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/9/2002 7:16:00 PM EDT
I recently purchased an SP1. I am now urning for the push pin style pivot pin. I have a small hole upper mated to the gun right now. I have the contraption that fits flush with the sides of the lower and requires two screwdrivers to remove it. I have noticed that the upper and lower don't seem to fit togeather that well with this system. They ether rattle around a little too much for my tase, or fit quite snug, but the rear push pin does not want to move freely. I let it rattle around a bit, as I don't want to put undue stress on my lower. Is there a better way. Someone had suggested that there is a better solution to my "problem", any comments?
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 7:27:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Check in the Equipment Exchange for a large hole upper...

You should be able to find an old SP-1 large-hole upper for around $85-$125...

Unfortunately, your options are few...

What I used to do with the small to large conversion was just push the rear pin in first, and snug the front enough to pull the upper down tight with the lower...

You could also sell the whole kit-n-kaboodle, and buy a standard pin pre-ban...

There 'ain't much you can do with the front pin on the old slabside SP-1's...

We have a couple of SP-1 uppers at the shop...

Drop me an email if you're interested...

[email protected]
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 7:40:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Look at my post at the thread below:
Just got my RR Colt SP1 back.  Converted from large to small hole.
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=130426
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 8:21:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Norrell? How do I contact them? Houw much would some thing like this set me back? I am quite interested. Your lower looks great.
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 8:34:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't believe Norrell is doing the lg hole to small anymore. If you find anyone who does please let me know.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top