Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/6/2002 7:01:45 PM EDT
Have any of you ever heard of a HK PSG-1 in 50BMG? One guy I know once told me he had one, and had spent $13,000 to modify it...then again I don't trust him and really doubt his credibility since he was never able to show me or his other friends this weapon.

Today someone else told me that SEALs use a "PSG-1 in 50" and it weighs about 60 lbs and has a "carrying handle"...I said "M82A1" and he said no, it was a PSG-1 with a suppressor...I have no clue.

Enlighten me please
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 7:11:31 PM EDT
[#1]
The only PSG-1 that I have heard of or read about was in .308 and weighted a heavy 18 lbs. or so...
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 8:41:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Well I suppose you could take a PSG1 trigger group and build the rest of the rifle around it.......

AKA he's full of sheit
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 9:35:34 PM EDT
[#3]
that guy is a pathologically lying ass-clown who doesnt know what he's talking about and will obviously say anything to get you <his friends> to think he's cool. ive never seen seals carrying an M82 SASR although im sure they have it. ive seen some navy EOD guys use it. i have  seen them with McMillan .50s and even some wicked styer-looking thing i am told was in .338 lapua. apparently this guy you know thinks that by attaching the seals good name to his flimsy and absurd story will lend him some credability. unless he wears a trident i'd tell him to go F himself.
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 9:47:20 PM EDT
[#4]
That's major BS. You can go to the HK-usa website to look at current HK offerings to the LE/Military. To take the PGS1 receiver (which is already perfected) from a 308/762x51 length bolt to a 50 bmg size, that's not modify it. That's a completely different rifle.
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 9:51:02 PM EDT
[#5]
i dont imagine the roller-delayed blowback action lends its self to well to 50 bmg, i could be wrong however.
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 12:02:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Lol
Think about this.
G3's and PSG=1s have been known to chuck their brass into low orbit.
Realisticly, they throw the things pretty far out. Imagine the PSG=1 throwing a .50bmg brass that far. I'd hate to be in the path of that sonuvabitch.
YOUCH
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 12:12:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 6:52:49 AM EDT
[#8]
It would be cool to see a PSG-1 50cal.  But, I've gone to 50cal club and I've never seen one.  The US Military uses alot of different 50cals.  McMillian Tactical 50cal was used in Afghan.  Seals use the Barret 82A1 and McMillian T.  
I forgot to add that the PSG-1 is very heavy in the first place.  Imagine a PSG-1 50cal-H&K steel and 50cal parts.  People that own H&K weapons like the G3 or H&K91 know.
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 7:13:49 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
No, they do exist.

Some local security experts of mine have three of them that they rotate on roof duty-I've spent time with them while they practice, an dhave even been on site for serious tactical work with them. HK keeps them hush hush though-can't have everyone demanding 50 cal PSG-1's, they don't want to have to retool for them agin. The HK91 platform actually holds up quite well under the .50-it's a damn good gun for shots out to a mile as well-if you've never put 3 rounds into the engine block of a hostile HMMVW, you haven't lived.

Juggernaut

Dude.....
That gun must really hurt anyone standing by.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top