Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/5/2002 8:14:10 PM EDT

I've got a DPMS Pre-Ban Car-15.On the barrel is stamped,S. S. 5.56,obviously the 5.56 is a NATO designation.I know what 5.56 is,but,what does S. S. mean?I know i'll get plenty of false responses from this question.
I'll pick and choose.

Thank you,

Snide

Link Posted: 7/5/2002 11:36:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 11:49:01 PM EDT
[#2]

Very standard response,yet i cannot refute it.Its Chrome lined,annodized black,hb,11 and a half ".4 and a half to make it legal,flash suppressor,thank you 4 the info,sir.

Snide
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 5:33:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 9:30:09 PM EDT
[#4]

Touche' Dude,

You are right on the money about the barrel
  with you first response,i do appreciate the info.Your second reply is a complete mindf#ck,very snide and to the point,thank you.
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 9:41:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 3:40:18 AM EDT
[#6]
DPMS offers a black teflon finish as an option.  My Varminter's SS barrel is finished this way.
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 4:47:00 PM EDT
[#7]

Don't know if its teflon or what.Its had very little use,previous to my ownership.Very accurate QCB weapon.The Aimpoint ML2 on the forward mount compliments very nice,also.
The range i frequent only goes out to 100yds,
but it is deadly accurate out to that range.
Need to find some open range and a scope,to see what this little bastard can really do.

Snide
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top