Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/3/2002 2:25:49 PM EDT
I saw one at the range today but the guy who had it just got there and I was packing up to go.The gun looked Bada$$! No it looked Evil!I was wondering does anyone here have one? Or at least fired one at some point in time?If so what do you think of it?
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 2:35:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Handled one at the shop.

Heavy as hell.

Nifty the way the configurations go but I don't need something like that.  Plus the price tag put it out of my realm.  It does look pretty badass, but the weight just kills me, when my nifty little AR does the job.

But hey, that's me.

Panz
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 2:38:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I've got one with both the top feed Bren setup and the standard rifle setup, with the Recon Carbine config on its way (shipped on Monday).

The rifle has engenered a lot of discussions here on the board, but everybody who's fired mine at the range or at the BRC came away with a smile and an "I want one" comment.

Link Posted: 7/3/2002 2:51:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Cool ! But I heard somewhere that not all the rifles have chrome lined bores. It that true?If yes which do and which do not?
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 4:24:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I would also like to see a threaded barrel so the un-washed masses like me could install a proper looking brake instead of the one that comes with the rifle.

Regards,
Gary
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 11:36:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 7:16:23 AM EDT
[#6]
I've had the carbine version for a couple years, and I love it.  If you don't mind the price and want one, go for it.

I am going to make a scope mount for it in the near future.  $200 for the Robinson one is just a little excessive.

Link Posted: 7/4/2002 8:21:06 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Kurt at KKF does wonders with these, as he does with the M17 and others.

-Troy

Troy, here is a picture from the M96.org website with a pic of Kurt's muzzle brake on it.

Link Posted: 7/4/2002 9:41:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 10:42:37 AM EDT
[#9]
That's a mighty fine looking muzzle brake.
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 10:54:42 AM EDT
[#10]
That's the Stoner 63 style brake from KKF which looks good on the Stoner 63-style M96.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top