Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/1/2002 2:28:24 PM EDT
My father had an older model stainless Smith & Wesson 686 357 magnum with a 2" barrel and wood finger groove grips. He traded it for a Tauras 9mm from a friend of his. (I don't know why..LOL)

But anyhow that was about 2 years ago. The guy still had the gun and said he couldn't sell it cause nobody liked how heavy it was. So since I loved that pistol I baught it back.

I got it for $300 with the Bianchi pancake holster that my father originally traded with the pistol.

I haven't priced a Smith & Wesson in a long time. I was wondering if $300 was a pretty good deal? By the way it still looks brand new like the day Dad traded it.
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 3:04:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought one NIB a couple years ago.  I think it was around $350.  I think you did ok, especially if it's still in good shape.  You can always use a trusty revolver in the collection!

It is a heavy gun though.  I ended up selling mine and bought an Airweight .38 special, which is really light.  Easy to carry and conceal.
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 3:31:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 3:35:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Price doesn't even come into the picture if your dad owned it, at least that's how it would be for me, I'd give $1,000 for a gun worth $1 if my dad once owned it.
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 3:42:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I still regret trading a .30-60 rifle for a handgun.  I never could hit with the rifle, and I could not afford a handgun.

I thought, at that time, I was making the right decision.  Lots of regret.

I would pay 3 times the value of that rifle, if I ever had the chance to get it back. The rifle was a gift from my dad.  Sentiment alone is why I wish I still had that gun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top