Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/30/2002 8:55:42 AM EDT
Does anybody have anything BAD to say about RRA rifles LATELY ?

Barring the mil spec flat top thing (I understand from others that that topic caused much heartburn here)

What is the latest opinion poll on the guns ?

Reliability ?  Accuracy ?

Thanks guys
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 9:12:52 AM EDT
[#1]
I think they actually fixed the Flattop problem now.  Pete-from-NH has been selling "mil spec" flattops from RRA for some time now.  You should ask him about that.  Now if they made chome lined barrels a standard instead of an option...
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 9:50:26 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Does anybody have anything BAD to say about RRA rifles LATELY ?

Nope.

Link Posted: 7/4/2002 10:37:30 PM EDT
[#3]
at one of the shoots here in vegas wwe had one fellow shooting his new ar and the rifle was failing to extract.  A look at the cases revealed alot of striations.  they forgot to polish or ream out the chamber.  The tool marks could be seen in the brass cases.  He decided to send it back --haven't heard anything since.
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 3:14:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Just got one of their M4gery barrels, and not only does it not put any chamber rings on the case, there are only the slightest longitudinal feeding marks on the emptys.  The feed ramps are extremely well polished.  The only problem I've ever had with a RR product was with the bolt head I got from them.  It worked fine, but chewed up the rear of the cases I'd fired. Inspection revealed that the edge of the extractor cut had a slight ridge on it that was chewing the case heads.  Two minutes w/a polishing stone cured the problem.
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 5:38:44 AM EDT
[#5]
First let me say that I have never owned a RRA rifle.  However, I have looked at a few.  Thought about buying one but once I looked at them I decided against it.  They looked like the finish was painted on.  There was so much finish on the bolt that it would not retract, literally.  I could not even check to see if there was a round in the chamber.  Maybe they are good but I have not been impressed at all!
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 5:52:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Friend just acquired one of their CMP rigs.  Very nice.  At least as nice as the Bushmasters from CMP, perhaps a bit nicer.

Link Posted: 7/5/2002 5:56:36 AM EDT
[#7]
I am really a bolt gun guy, but Pete in NH is having RR build me an M4 w/his heavy SOCOM style 16" bbl.  I am looking forward to getting it.

I have been a SWAT sniper for a long time, I am picky as hell and I have seen many great fitted Colts and Bushys.  I just never seem to receive one of them when I order them and always wind up selling them off because of crummy worksmanship.  

Several friends have RRs and love 'em.  They certainly are fitted better than any of my Colts ever were.  Pete assures me this RR will be right.  I guess we'll see.

I have a buddy that just got out of the USMC who was a sniper and more recently an armorer at the Quantico Precision Weapon Shop.  He built the M40A3 sniper rifles and 16s for the Corps Sniper and Rifle Teams.  He says they really liked the FN built 16s over the Colts for the Force Recon guys stuff that they custom built.  Those guys have fourteen different missions and can have whatever they want built.

My friend now works putting the new FN bolt guns together and may be going to work in the near future as an armorer/sniper trainer for ATF.

He told me he has seen and built some guns on the Rock River stuff.  He states that they are very well made and that I shouldn't have a problem using them at all.  I guess I am blessed to have friends like him that can tune up any problems I might have.

Again, I guess we'll see.  I'll get back with ya'll when it comes in and I can get it to the range.

Watch your sixes fellas,

Brian  
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 6:00:26 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
First let me say that I have never owned a RRA rifle.  However, I have looked at a few.  Thought about buying one but once I looked at them I decided against it.  They looked like the finish was painted on.  There was so much finish on the bolt that it would not retract, literally.  I could not even check to see if there was a round in the chamber.  Maybe they are good but I have not been impressed at all!

I've got two RRA's and neither looks like the finish is painted on. In fact, they both have a higher quality finish than my Oly or several newer Colt's I've seen lately. Maybe the one you looked at was a fluke or had been modified or refinished....
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 1:52:38 PM EDT
[#9]

"I've got two RRA's and neither looks like the finish is painted on. In fact, they both have a higher quality finish than my Oly or several newer Colt's I've seen lately. Maybe the one you looked at was a fluke or had been modified or refinished...."

That could be...since I have heard such good things about RRA here, I will look at them some more before any more bad comments.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top