Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/28/2002 8:31:38 PM EDT
Minus my G27. It was on my hip and I forgot it.
My retriever wasn't really happy about being in the picture...I'm currently making a tinfoil hat for her. She's worried the FBI might recognize her
The SKS is a Model D. The Garand is a CMP SA, The AR is a Bushy, The pistol grip shotty gun is a LAW12. The dog is a Labrador.
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 8:36:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice start!  
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 8:36:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I tried to post this 3 times...something weird happened, so here I go again.

Did you paint the SKS-D stock black?
I traded my first rifle, a Paratrooper, and have thought about replacing it with the "D", if I can find one.
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 8:39:52 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I tried to post this 3 times...something weird happened, so here I go again.

Did you paint the SKS-D stock black?
I traded my first rifle, a Paratrooper, and have thought about replacing it with the "D", if I can find one.

Yup, sure did (paint it black). I've got a Choate folder for it but I'm too lazy to put it on. The Model D's (IMO) are an excellent choice for a SHTF rifle. SKS dependable, parts everywhere and ammo just about grows on trees.
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 8:37:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice collection.  After seeing your SKS in your other thread Ive decided I must have a model D.

You like scopes a little bit dont you? ;)

Link Posted: 6/29/2002 8:41:17 PM EDT
[#5]
That is a solid start. I like them all.
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 8:45:14 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
You like scopes a little bit dont you? ;)

Yup, sure do. Especially expensive ones w/QD rings. Only problem is that scoped rifles take up major space in the safe.
You may be able to find a Model D on GB or AA.
They aren't as common as I wish they were. I'd like to get a spare trigger group for mine. The trigger group (specifcally the mag catch)is the only part that isn't interchangable with the plain jane SKS.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top