Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/25/2002 4:32:59 AM EDT
After having purchased my Bushy A2 20" I discovered that the sights (the whole mechanicsm that is, not just the aperture) sit cocked at an angle hitting the carry handle on the right side.  Looking at the detailed drawings I find that it looks like there is supposed to be a spring and small ball bearing that go there.

Shouldn't the sight be perfectly aligned with the carry handle?????

Ben
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 4:40:30 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Ben

No, it shouldn't.

The sight is spring loaded on ONE SIDE ONLY.  This ensures a consistant action as it moves.  

This doesn't harm accuracy at all, it improves it.

There are folks that make sights with springs on both sides, but why bother?  You actually run more of a risk with it.  
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 4:46:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Well I feel better now, thanks a bunch.

Ben
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 5:05:53 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ben

This doesn't harm accuracy at all, it improves it.

Yeah, this bothered me when I first got my Oly PCR-2.  It looked sloppy sitting there cockeyed like that; then i figured out that it's the best way to maintain consistency as you adjust windage.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top