Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2002 6:34:35 PM EDT
hi all,
got my cetme wood stocks in today.  Do i need to remove the rods from the butt srock before stripping them with easy off?  also, the cetme wood can fit a g3 clone with minimal modifications: enlarging pin holes and widen bracket.

Thanks
lojack
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 8:00:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Easy Off: DONT DO IT!!!!, try gojo hand cleaner
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 12:39:26 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
hi all,
got my cetme wood stocks in today.  Do i need to remove the rods from the butt srock before stripping them with easy off?  also, the cetme wood can fit a g3 clone with minimal modifications: enlarging pin holes and widen bracket.

Thanks
lojack

Remove as much metal as practical.  Do not use EZ Off or other products not intended for wood.  You are just asking for trouble. Use standard wood strippers and use them according to directions.  Make sure you use them in adequately ventilated spaces and wear proper gloves and respirators as needed.

Don't use the dishwasher either, I can virtually guarantee that the Cetme hanguards will split from that sort of treatment.

Avoid soaking the stock with water. Wood LOVES water and holds onto it for as long as possible.  This swells the wood significantly.  The surface will feel dry LONG before the water is actually out of the stock and the wood fibers have shrunk to their proper size. Installing the metal to the stock or the stocks to the weapons when the wood is not fully dry can cause compression damage to the wood resulting in a loose fit, splits or other damage.  So don't do it.

I believe you started another thread on this subject on the 16th.  I posted a rather long message, actually two messages, addressing this subject there.  You might want to take a look.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top