Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2002 2:14:15 PM EDT
pre-ban upper laying around ?

i need a complete upper assy. M4, 16", i belive they are all 1-7 twist, so that is not a problem, it's gotta have all the evil features, NIB a plus !!

next question, if i remove the upper assy. from my NIB pre-ban Colt & install this above mentioned upper assy. & shoot it, remove the 16" upper & replace the 20" upper..., is my Colt pre-ban still considered NIB..????

Link Posted: 6/17/2002 2:52:12 PM EDT
[#1]

next question, if i remove the upper assy. from my NIB pre-ban Colt & install this above mentioned upper assy. & shoot it, remove the 16" upper & replace the 20" upper..., is my Colt pre-ban still considered NIB..????

Not in my opinion,  would maybe be LNIB (LikeNewInBox)

Still a nice rifle though.

Get a new upper and barrel it or get a complete one.

SAW Sales is not cheap, but it is usually instock and in Az. 8^)

CJ,  I just sent you an email and pics re: a Complete Colt Preban FS in Tucson.

Regards

Biggame223

Out
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 2:58:53 PM EDT
[#2]
If it is from a private party, I never consider it NIB.

If you shoot the lower, only a trained eye would be able to tell.

If you want to keep it new in box, go buy a Post ban to shoot the crap out of.
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 5:20:56 PM EDT
[#3]
There is no such thing as a "spare" colt!  One can never have enough.  
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 6:21:06 PM EDT
[#4]
there were 2 new pre-ban Colt M4 uppers for sale in the EE in the last week.....one was offered by francis and the other by PrideBoss....do a search and see if they are still there
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 7:37:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Cactus Jack- Umm, I think I know of one.. not NIB, but fired little.. I'll ask if he's willing to part with it..

Meplat-
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 8:49:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Biggame,
thanx, i'll thynk about it, i usually want Colts in full pre-ban status, i got a late model Colt NIB that don't havt the bayo lug & does have the block, it is officially my wifes rifle, so it is untouchable as for sale or trade......

FT1,
i wud consider the lower used, as it had to have a magizine inserted to fire the upper, it was just an opinion question, i do have post ban Bushy that i just shoot the crap out of, it's the AK style, gerat lyttle gun, shoots great & never any trouble....

2WhiskeyP,
you are so right, but my biggest problem i have is never having enuff money to even come close to having too many Colts or ARs

btdrygulch,
thanx, i'll go back there & take a look...

Meplat, yes !! & get a price & a photo if possible......, thanx !
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top