Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2002 5:18:12 PM EDT
two Saigas (AK clones)? One in 7.62x39 and one in .223?

I have a Mini I bought used a long time ago and I currently keep it in the trunk with a Choate folding stock as an emergency gun.

I'll have to give up high capacity (if you call hicap 6 USA mags) the flash hider and the folding stock.

But I'll probably never use it except to plink, and it was not new so I don't fully trust it, and I've never tested it for accuracy.

I can get two Saigas for the price, both new, reliable AK's (chrome barrels right?) w/ same accuracy (?), put the .223 in the trunk to replace the Mini and have fun with the 7.62.

I haven't shot the Mini in years.

Opinions please!

Link Posted: 6/16/2002 5:23:36 PM EDT
[#1]

and I've never tested it for accuracy.

LOL...thats funny.

I would do the trade in a second, but thats me.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 5:44:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Well,
A wise buddy of mine said "don't ever sell any of your guns, you'll just have to save your money a little longer".  Of course he never had a mini-14 LOL!!  If anything, I'd sell it or do a partial trade on a Rock River carbine.  Yeah, you'll still pay some dough, but it'll be worth it.
Later,
R
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 5:51:59 PM EDT
[#3]
mini's are really reliable guns the kind you can beat on throw in your car and still be able to fire it off without a hicup. I would keep it because I don't like to sell guns you might not be able to buy them again especially if its a pre ban.
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 7:03:21 AM EDT
[#4]
I sold my mini and I have a Flat top in my site`s.
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 7:14:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 7:20:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Never sell your guns

even if it is a mini....
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 7:37:42 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Never sell your guns

even if it is a mini....

I agree, save your dough and buy the 7.62 AK, this way you can even have tow different type of guns.

I assume the mini is pre-ban, that is a even better reason not to sell the gun.
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 7:52:42 AM EDT
[#8]
you can get enough out of it to get an AR. that should be your only option.
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 9:59:01 AM EDT
[#9]
The mini 14 is a darn good gun for keeping in the truck. My dad used to keep my preban ranch model there till I gave him my Steyr Aug (he's a lefty and I converted it for him). He shot a couple of coyotes with the mini.

No matter what these guys say, the mini is a darn dependable rifle (as long as you don't put cheap clips in it). I've got more ARs and other things than I can shake a stick at but I'll never sell my preban Mini 14. It's a keeper.

Don't give in to peer pressure. It's all part of an anti-Ruger plot. Well don't buy any more Rugers if you don't want, but just don't give up your mini.

Link Posted: 6/17/2002 10:08:02 AM EDT
[#10]
No.
It's pre-ban.
Test it.
If it's "Minute Of Torso", it's a keeper.
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 11:02:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 12:58:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks for the replies everybody!  For all of you that say sell it to buty this-or-that, I've already got it.  I don't have the money right now to keep it and buy the others.  I'm in the position of having to liquidate in order to appropriate if you know what I mean.

I've made up my mind.  Two 7.62 Saigas will be in by Wednesday, and the Mini goes in the paper this weekend.  

Anybody want it?  Choate folder with flash hider and 6 30-round mags that work fine.
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 8:12:02 AM EDT
[#13]
One pre-ban Mini is enough for me.  Why don't you post it on the exchange board, list a price or do trade for stuff you need.  I think a standard mini pre ban is worht at least 400-500 dollars.
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 8:07:56 PM EDT
[#14]
If it where for an ar ar, I would have said yes. However I say keep it, and shoot it more often.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top