Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2002 2:00:15 PM EDT
on the US Optics SN-12...........

& the SN-4.................???????

anyone got a US Optics scope ? do ya lyke it ?

what model ? wud you recomend it to a friend ? enemy ? stranger ? Sunday skool teacher ?
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 2:13:24 PM EDT
[#1]

I don't think I'm familier with US Optics, I got a US Nightvision scope though.

The newest scope out there right now that I want to get is the Trijicon Tripower ! Which is now a Quadpower, which has nothing to do with the magnification, but refers to the sights recticle. It's got the fiberoptic system, a Tritium-illuminated recticle,and on top of this is an on-call battery backup. But that's not all, Trijicon has now added a receptacle for a mini-lightstick that provides up to eight hours of artificial light to illuminate the fiberoptic in total darkness.Not to mention it's waterproof up to 100 ft and weighs only 5 ounces ! I'm sold on the $550 price.
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 2:27:28 PM EDT
[#2]

are you speaking of the RX01...? if so forget it !!!

i tried ordering one & got this message: "we apologize for any inconvenience but deliveries on all Reflex models are currently delayed because of expedited shipments to US & other coalition military forces. We appreciate your understanding"

booohooo, waaaaaaa..!
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 2:30:39 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
what model ? wud you recomend it to a friend ? enemy ? stranger ? Sunday skool teacher ?

Nope, too much money better spent on practice from what I've seen of most people's shooting abilities. Very few drivers ever push their Porsche 911's anywhere near the edge of the envelope yet they continue to sell them as fast as they can be made. I would suggest the same about most shooters and most quality optics.
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 2:40:59 PM EDT
[#4]

No I don't think it's the RX01, this is in the new products section of the Sep. 2002 issue of Guns and Weapons for LE, its actually Trijicons venture into the red dot sight market. I think it's at least equal to if not better than the Aimpoint.
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 3:14:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Too rich for my blood. I have looked through one and it is very nice. It is also VERY impressive to look at the actual mass of the scope, it is built like a tank.

I also remember some controversey about USO and a lawsuit against another scope company. I really do not remember the details but the thread turned into a pissing match. It really turned me off to USO products. IM me and Ill tell you what I remember about the post.

Anyway, I have come to the conclusion that Leupold has a scope for my every need. And if they dont have it, I can have one done-up by www.premierreticles.com/ just the way I want. Check out their 2nd Gen mildot system, it ROCKS. Good luck.
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 3:23:13 PM EDT
[#6]
What'cha puttin a scope on CJ?   I'm savin' for an EOTech for my carbine..
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 5:52:55 AM EDT
[#7]
bigyeti,

i got several ARs to put scopes on, i was thynking about the EOTech, & a nice small scope, i want one that is short, i have a bunch of long scopes wyth big objectives, they look good on long rifles, but totaly out of place on an AR........

i am still in the selecting phase, then i'll do the elimination phase after i get my personal preferences right, money is no object, (well sorta ) my lyttle darlin told me to get what ever trips my trigger, & i got a $2,000 budget for optics for this year.....

i never thot i'd want a scope or other sighting devices for my ARs, but after using that El Cheapo Leapers, i am convinced i DO lyke'm.....

my objective is to get all carry handle mounts, as i have no flat tops, that way i can switch the scope/sighting device to any of my ARs.....

Link Posted: 6/17/2002 12:09:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Jack, I have an SN-6 on my bolt rifle.  Unfortunately, now that I have used it quite a bit I must sell my Leupolds and buy more USO products.  I was a long time supporter of Leupold and still am.  It is a decent scope and fills a niche for mid-range optics.  However, after several side-by-side comparisons among USO and Leupold products, there is no comparison.  The clarity and resolution of USO scopes is amazing.  You can shoot for hours with no eye strain because the scope is so relaxing to use.  If money is no object, go with the USO.
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 12:16:17 PM EDT
[#9]
I would love a 4 to 6 power red dot with bullet drop comp.

Any ideas?
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 12:51:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Fox,

thank you for that info, Leupold was a second choice till i happened to run across the SN-12, i am in no hurry, i want to see them first....

JB,
i am looking for one of those also, i left all my notes in my shop, so i can not tell you now the ones i have found.....
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 2:35:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 2:42:51 PM EDT
[#12]
No offense intended, but having been there and done that, putting an expensive, high powered piece of glass on the carry handle of an AR is not worth the benefits. Even with a cheek piece your head is not in a good position. If you want to scope an AR then break down and get a flat top. If you insist on a carry handle scope keep it to a small 4X or smaller piece, or get a forward carry handle mount and use a quality red dot type sight like an Aimpoint, etc. Better yet, practice a lot and get real good with the iron sights and you won't need a scope on the carry handle at all.
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 3:06:42 PM EDT
[#13]
beekeeper,
this is my first note to you, are you really a beekeeper ? sell honey ?

thanx for the headsup on bigger hammer, i had no idea it was more than FAQs, pretty neeto place, i'll vist more often now....

the IOR is also on my list of scopes, it fills the bill for a "plinking" scope......

Pthfndr,
thank you for that advice, that may just be more practical than putting a $1,600 scope on the carry handle..., i am still in the selection phase of my quest.......

BTW, those mags i got from you work just fine, one had a bit of a razor edge on it but it's gone now, thank you much !! if you hear of any more let me know OK ??
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 5:36:28 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I also remember some controversey about USO and a lawsuit..............

Cactus, I'm not going to argue the merits of the USO scope - good scope.

However, you might take F. Squid's mention of lawsuits to heart.  I know of at least one large suit about to be brought against USO.

(Frank, I've been meaning to ask for ever - exactly what did you do in the Navy ??)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top