Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/15/2002 7:39:53 PM EDT
I have a BM with a 16" barrel and a AK 74 type brake.  Looks cool and is fun to shoot.  The only problem is the loud noise and the blast messing up my next door shooting partner.

Does anyone have any experience with the blast diverter from TAPCO?  Is it worth while?  Does it work?  Does it mess up the accuracy?  How about the noise?

Also, any comments about the AK brake?
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 9:22:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one. It's sitting in a box now after it flew off after a few mags.  The screws popped out and I couldn't find them.  It worked ok.  Better off just having the neighbors get used to the noise.  Try and find a guy with a Mini Y comp and shoot near him, you'll look better.
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 11:20:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Should've installed a Wilson.

Link Posted: 6/16/2002 5:52:36 AM EDT
[#3]
There is a write up on the tapco diverter on another ar website Maryland ar 15 shooters or something like that.There are 2 mods from that sight here,Forrest and Fight4your rights,that may be able to help.I have the ak brake and it is mild compared to the ycomp.I have heard of a comp called the levang I think that is how it is spelled,that is not suppost to increase noise at all.They sell it at cheaperthandirt.com
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top