Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/4/2002 4:21:04 PM EDT
Anyone have the JP Enterprises Recoil Eliminator installed on any of your rifles (bolt guns especially).  They are sort-of weird looking, but I hear they really reduce recoil alot.

Was thinking of putting one on a .308 or .300WM bolt gun.  Will it truly reduce the recoil significantly?  Any experiences?

Also, have you noticed any effect on accuracy...as I know many times the muzzle breaks will open up your groups.  Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 6/4/2002 4:52:05 PM EDT
[#1]
At the BRC they had set ups on a AR10, AR15 and I think it was a 700M. I shot the ar15 and it was great I am planning on having one put on my 20". The AR10 still kicked but I felt the difference. The rifle JP built is fantastic and it a custom Armalite.
The installation is very high quality. It is wort getting and really doesn't look that funny. At laeast to me I like the style. DPMS also has a new Brake> I think it's called a birdcage. I think it will work very good also, but the JP really cuts the recoil down on the 223.
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 10:00:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Anyone have experience with this on a bolt gun...a .308 or stronger?
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 10:26:45 AM EDT
[#3]
I have used the JP brake on my .338 Lapua Mag. built up on the Sako TRG-41.  It reduces recoil substantially.  I have fired the Sako TRG-S in the same caliber with no brake and I can tell you for sure that that brake is pretty efficient and works well.

Link Posted: 6/5/2002 10:29:03 AM EDT
[#4]
How well would one work on an 11.5" barreled M16 for full auto fire?

Link Posted: 6/6/2002 3:08:05 PM EDT
[#5]
At the Mystery Mountain 3-Gun we had some idle time and my shooting buddy was double tapping a 200 yd plate with his JP and never missed the second shot.  I also have a JP comp on my  "western" rifle. Having picked up a certificate off the prize table, I just sent my BM 16" hoser out for their brake.
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 12:49:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Anyone...anyone?
Bueller........Bueller?

Again, anyone have experience with one on a bolt gun like a .308 or higher?  Any accuracy reduction?

Link Posted: 6/9/2002 1:01:11 PM EDT
[#7]
I have spoken to another individual here who also had one installed on a .338 Lapua.  It was a Sake TRG-S, and he said that the recoil was actually pleasant after the install, and that he could shoot MANY more rounds in a day.
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 10:34:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Anyone else?  Again, on a .308 or .300mag bolt rifle?  First hand experience is much appreciated.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 6:34:55 AM EDT
[#9]
If the JP brake can tame a .338 Lapua mag, it's gonna work on a .308 or .300.  I bet the .338 LM would be great for hunting dinosaurs.  
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 12:24:25 PM EDT
[#10]
I have one on a .223 AR-15 and it almost totally eliminates recoil.
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 7:11:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Can someone post a picture?

But, anyway, I LIKE recoil!
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 7:36:38 PM EDT
[#12]
I have a JP AR15 with the muzzle brake.  It works very well but does not make a big difference on a 12lb .223 rifle.  I got a very light weight 18" barrel Remington Model 7 in .308.  I and my friends found the recoil excessive.  I had a Pachmayr Decelerator recoil pad installed and found the gun to be ok for hunting but still too much on the shooting bench.  I decided to send the gun to JP for a package deal; muzzle brake, cryo treatment, and trigger work.  It was around $300 at that time about two years ago.  The result was great!  Recoil is like that of a typical 7lb .223 instead of a .308.  It has an outstanding trigger and gives MOA accuracy.  The noise is greater but I always shoot with hearing protection, even when hunting.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top