Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/28/2002 5:53:05 PM EDT
I am giving some though to casting silver bullets (silver alloy so as to get weight and hardness correct)...   Anyone done it??  Would you buy such an item??  Thinking of doing the Gun Show circut on retirement and selling them..  45, 9mm, 223, 308, ???
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 5:54:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I used silver Buck Shot to rid myself of a wearwolf once...
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 5:57:09 PM EDT
[#2]
If they work on Vampires too
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 6:00:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't know how many Werewolves are left or if Silver bullets will work on vampires (I'll sell wooden stakes for that) but we've all spent a bunch of money on all kinds of gadgetry, so why not be covered if Werewolves are a part of the SHTF scenario...  I've spent $$$ on dumber gun things...
Edited cause I can kill one but not spell whereintheworldwolf
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 6:02:18 PM EDT
[#4]
I'd be all over one silver bullet in .223, 9mm, and .45acp.

Silver cases (even if they're only silver colored), too?  Or, brass with silver?

Mike  <--what the hey...  something for the shelf.....
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 6:06:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Sounds like a good novelty item.  You never know, you might need them...
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 6:07:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Anita Blake, Vampire Executioner, uses a 9mm Browning Hi-Power with silver-plated bullets.

Silver won't kill a vampire, but it can discourage them. It forces them to have to heal the wounds, almost human slow.

The older vampires, Master especially, can't even be counted on to be slowed down enough by silver bullets - unless of course, you are sawing them in half with an Uzi.

"You don't volunteer for slugfests with vampires. It shortens your life expectancy."

p.s. did i mention I own BOTH and Browning Hi-Power AND a Firestar?
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 6:22:46 PM EDT
[#7]
I am pretty sure a good old fashion "Hollow Point" will take out a warewolf just fine.

But you could sell the crap out of them at the gun show.
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 6:29:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 6:29:38 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I am pretty sure a good old fashion "Hollow Point" will take out a warewolf just fine.

Not at all. Lycanthropes have tremendous healing power. You'd have to do a massive amount of damage, with several bullets just to stop them. And they travel in packs. Werewolfs, wererats, wereleopards are all PACK animals, and will rarely be caught alone after the change.

So while you are shooting that one with your standard hollowpoints, and seriously annoying him, the one on your immediate left reaches for your throat  .  .  .  .  
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 6:37:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Yes, for novelty purposes!
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 6:45:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Its bigyeti AKA " The Lone Ranger"
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 6:50:20 PM EDT
[#12]
I would like to have some Silver Bullets to put on the shelf for display.

medcop
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 6:56:00 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not at all. Lycanthropes have tremendous healing power. You'd have to do a massive amount of damage, with several bullets just to stop them. And they travel in packs. Werewolfs, wererats, wereleopards are all PACK animals, and will rarely be caught alone after the change.

So while you are shooting that one with your standard hollowpoints, and seriously annoying him, the one on your immediate left reaches for your throat  .  .  .  .  

Thanks Ron I will take my chances.

But that "Black Cat" never made it past me.

Just kidding no animals were hurt during the making of this thread.
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 7:13:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Hmmmmm, I like it !!   silver bullets for our werewolf troubles, BUT......how about some type of wooden flechettes soaked in garlic in either 12ga or for the M203's for the vampires
I might just go in with ya on this and sell it with "special" kettle corn and beef jerky for defense against all forms of children of the night.

Link Posted: 5/28/2002 7:38:36 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Hmmmmm, I like it !!   silver bullets for our werewolf troubles, BUT......how about some type of wooden flechettes soaked in garlic in either 12ga or for the M203's for the vampires

Ever since the Supreme Court granted the undead equal rights, it has been illegal to hunt vampires without a legal court order of execution. Used to be, that if a vamp was bothering one of your friends, you could just stake him, no questions asked. But now, even carrying an executioners tools without a permit is illegal.

As to your weapons, don’t get too complicated - or it could kill you. Use a 12-gage with silver buckshot and take the entire heart out. Or, take the head off with a sword. Edward, the one the vamps call “Death” has used a flamethrower and an UZI pistol. With vamps, what usually succeeds is excess. A wooden stake is actually dangerous, you have to get too close, unless you happen to catch one comatose in their coffin.

Here is a good weapon list for starters: www.timber-wolf.net/blake/page-weapons.html
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 7:59:03 PM EDT
[#16]
personly i use a moddified crossbow to stake a vamp.
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 8:06:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Hey if you leave out the primer, and add some sort of ring, you could make keychains and necklaces.
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 8:42:10 PM EDT
[#18]
We don't get very many vampires or werewolves around here.  However a combination of high-tension lines and aging nuclear power plants have been causing the dead to rise from their graves.

They're not much of a problem, though.  Just take your time and nail 'em in the head.  I've put away my Bushie and have been toting my .30-30 around.

Link Posted: 5/29/2002 1:43:38 AM EDT
[#19]
Make the case gold plated.
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 5:18:13 AM EDT
[#20]
bigyeti,

trust me...........! this is an endeavor that will lead to utter frustration.....! i have tried to cast bullets from silver & man-o-man, ya gotta have everythyng so damn HOT, the silver cooled too fast when pouring into the mold, then heating the mold till it starts to discolor is the only way & then you get a bullet that has not filled the groves fully......, i never did get a good looking bullet............

Link Posted: 5/29/2002 6:25:59 AM EDT
[#21]
Personally, I prefer the silver bullets with fulminated mercury or holy water in the hollow point. Of course, you have to be careful of the wax caps.  And if you do find a "sleeper", injecting them with silver nitrate is loads of fun.  And I don't care what the Supreme Court says about legal rights for the undead, Undead should be "laid to rest".

Ciao
Randy
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 6:52:36 AM EDT
[#22]
www.laser-cast.com/

I use their bullets in .357 mag and .45 long colt for my cowboy loads. They work great, allows for extra Velocity as well as cuts way back on lead fouling the barrel. Also it cuts back on the cost of reloading .45 LC, I buy them at $25 per 500.

Dave Dee
NRA/ILA and NAHC Member
AR15.COM Moderator of Reloading, General Firearm Discussion & Hunting Forum.
A great place to get answers to your reloading & hunting questions.
Or come and take a look at my web page at.
members.aol.com/dbrewer842/dbrewer842.html
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 7:18:32 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

But you could sell the crap out of them at the gun show.

Man, I wish people wouldn't post who don't know what the f*** they are talking about. Hollow point on a werewolf?? You would just piss him off.

Geez...

-legrue

(ps, jk ;))
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 7:40:28 AM EDT
[#24]
I'd like a couple handfulls of silver bullets...hey, ya never know.

But, what I'd really like to get, is The Golden BB.

I could certainly use a bunch of them, too.

Link Posted: 5/29/2002 8:53:32 AM EDT
[#25]

fricken weirdos...
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 9:14:04 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Gotta be really carefull as those werewolfs are pretty tacticaly sound and can sneak up on your flank before you know it.  Helps to have a good squad, but one other really good pistolero will suffice in a pinch.
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 9:29:08 AM EDT
[#27]
How about wooden bullets?  I think I have some Vampires around New Haven.  They only come out at night and eat chicken and ribs.  You can tell where they were from the bones.

Link Posted: 5/29/2002 10:29:31 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

fricken weirdos...

Ain't it great!!

I got a silversmith friend, who may be able to do it for me..  I'm lazy in my old age...   I'd just sell 'em..
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 10:54:59 AM EDT
[#29]
Only get silver bullets from the Lone Ranger. Best quality, lowest price.
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 12:32:53 PM EDT
[#30]
YES! I desperately NEED silver bullets...but can I get them with skulls engraved on the nose?(ala Chow Yun Fat in The Replacement Killers.)rocko.
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 3:38:15 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Gotta be really carefull as those werewolfs are pretty tacticaly sound and can sneak up on your flank before you know it.  Helps to have a good squad, but one other really good pistolero will suffice in a pinch.

What if they're Werewolf Ninjas?
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 3:42:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Shoot from further back???
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 5:27:34 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
However a combination of high-tension lines and aging nuclear power plants have been causing the dead to rise from their graves.

You've got a problem with either animators, voodooo priests, bad seed teenagers, necrophiliacs, or satanists.

Quite more likely, some animator is being careless, criminally careless. Uncontrolled zombies give animators a bad name. Zombies with no bosses tend to eat people.
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 5:35:56 PM EDT
[#34]
no joke... my old neighbor stockpiled a bunch of silver bullet .357 magnum because god told him to. Still have them to this day, but never shot any of them, esp. since I don't have a .357 mag. He was sent off to the loony bin, and my brother and I inherited his ammo stockpile.

But here's an even better (true) story. Another friend of mine made a significant amount of money reselling unspent "training" .223 rounds. They had wood cores, and he sold them as vampire killers... get it? Funny, but no joke!
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 5:43:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Forget about bullets, I'm calling Buffy...

And maybe we'd get around to killing things, eventually...

Link Posted: 5/29/2002 6:32:55 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

I knew we’d hear about this imposter sooner or later. That’s a nice picture of a blonde actress, but for a glimpse into the world of a first-class vampire executioner, I give you . . . www.timber-wolf.net/blake/char-anita-1.html Anita Blake.

But meet a vampire executioner and you may not like what you find. First, there are the scars. Scars on the body from the vamps and other monsters that got just a little too close. And scars deeper inside, because you can’t become a first rate killer of monsters without having all that death affect you.

Second, most successful executioners are animators. The dead respond to them, all the dead, and that includes vamps. Animators keep odd hours. And odder still are their friends. Which include, as a matter of business, some of the undead themselves. But most normals see animators as a just a little too cozy to the monsters, too familiar with the darkness, the zombies, and everything that goes wrong away from sunlight.

You might wish to meet a female executioner, but be prepared for the darkness also.
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 7:59:52 PM EDT
[#37]
bigyeti,

if you need some silver, i have a few pounds i cud barter wyth.......

lets talk.......

see ya Saturday at the G.show
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 8:36:38 PM EDT
[#38]
Anyone remeber a few years ago, Guns and Ammo, I think, had a colt snub revolver on the cover of their magazine---It was suppose to be a vampire gun or something.  It was engraved heavily and came in a box with silver bullets (little bats carved on the tip) and holy water, etc....  Anyone have that issue or a pic of the gun?
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 8:40:17 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

And maybe we'd get around to killing things, eventually...

Oh now, if were callin' Buffy, it should be Kristy Swanson--The origional buffy!
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 7:02:51 AM EDT
[#40]
Do they work on werecats too?   I'll take a couple, if they do.
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 7:09:01 AM EDT
[#41]
Kristy pics please... Salma's running neck and neck with Sarah and we need a tiebreaker...
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 11:47:44 AM EDT
[#42]
Here ya go:

Link Posted: 5/30/2002 12:00:30 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
I knew we’d hear about this imposter sooner or later. That’s a nice picture of a blonde actress, but for a glimpse into the world of a first-class vampire executioner, I give you . . . www.timber-wolf.net/blake/char-anita-1.html Anita Blake.

But meet a vampire executioner and you may not like what you find. First, there are the scars. Scars on the body from the vamps and other monsters that got just a little too close. And scars deeper inside, because you can’t become a first rate killer of monsters without having all that death affect you.

Second, most successful executioners are animators. The dead respond to them, all the dead, and that includes vamps. Animators keep odd hours. And odder still are their friends. Which include, as a matter of business, some of the undead themselves. But most normals see animators as a just a little too cozy to the monsters, too familiar with the darkness, the zombies, and everything that goes wrong away from sunlight.

You might wish to meet a female executioner, but be prepared for the darkness also.

Have you ever seen any of these creatures?
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 3:14:00 PM EDT
[#44]
Do my 10mm silvertips count?
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 4:04:14 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Here ya go:

YEE-HAA!!

I wouldn't kick any of 'em out of bed on a cold night!
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 5:39:38 PM EDT
[#46]
Would the silver have a problem with the chrome lined barrels?

Bob
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 6:42:08 PM EDT
[#47]
SGN had an add for Swedish rifle training ammo with wood tips, could I use that as a stake for Vampyres?
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 8:20:14 PM EDT
[#48]
You guys have it all wrong. When I vampire hunt, I use nothing but incedary ammunition. Sure a stake to the heart or a beheading will do the trick, but are both too difficult if they are feeling frisky.
Fire on the other hand, damages vampires and causes them extreme pain. Thereby setting them up for the kill...

A flamethrower would be the way to go, but I don't have a real one yet. Just a Supersoaker loaded with charcol starter fluid with a candle lighter on the end for ignition is all I have. It works well enough , and is quieter than my Oly carbine.
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 2:06:33 AM EDT
[#49]
Don't they have to be sterling silver and then be blessed by a priest?

And if they're blessed by a priest, will they still work on Protestant or Jewish werewolfs?
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 9:23:24 PM EDT
[#50]
Sterling silver contains 92.5% silver and 7.5% copper. It seems that the greater the silver content, the better the results.

Silver does not have to be blessed. Lycanthrophy is a disease like AIDS, and while it may seem like a curse, is not. The religion of the affected person has no bearing, and religious charms do not have an effect.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top