Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2002 10:04:31 PM EDT
Is $157 for a Henry mini bolt (youngsters .22) a good price? I want to get one for my 12 year old niece and I found some on Gunbroker for that price.
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 1:11:05 AM EDT
[#1]
MSRP is $169.95. A local dealer has one for $175. I'd say $157 is a pretty good price for it.

The Mini-Bolt looks like a great beginners rifle. The William's Fire-Sights are a nice touch and sure to make it easier for young shooters. I've thinking about getting one for my 6 year old daughter and letting her pop balloons with it from 20' or so.
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 3:37:52 AM EDT
[#2]
The only down side to the Henry is no scope mount. I bought my boys several years ago the Davy Cricket. Same idea as the Henry only blued with a walnut stock. Later we added a scope. We purchased the mount direct from the company. Starting them young is a joy. MIKE
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 4:50:24 AM EDT
[#3]
i personally belive the Henry is the best "small".22 rifle on the market today........

can't mount a scope ?? i belive the one i saw had the dovetail cut into the top of the receiver........?
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 7:29:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Well, crap!  I just called Henry and they confirmed that a scope cannot be mounted on the Mini-Bolt .22 rifle.  I guess maybe some of their other rifles can take scopes, but not the Mini-Bolt.

My father-in-law and I are really thinking about getting one for my 9 year old son.  The boy definitely needs to learn to shoot with iron sights anyway.  Hmmm...maybe a little creative engineering effort could result in a small red dot scope on top of the Mini-Bolt.  I think the $157 price is the best I've seen so far.

BBURN
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 3:06:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys, that helps a lot, gonna use "Buy it now"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top