Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/21/2002 9:30:06 PM EDT
Pictures from my weekend of fun in Albany, Oregon. I took a liking to suppressed weapons this time instead of the usual belt-feds and tommy guns. I did get to play with a genuine Glock 18C (not a modified Glock 17). That was a blast! (pun intended)

All suppressors are made by Gemtech

Here is a Taurus PT-92 with a Vortex-9 suppressor:

Colt 9mm AR-15 with Raptor:

True Colt M4 (full-auto) with M4-96D Suppressor:

Rem 700 PSS with TPR-S and Ruger 77/22 with Outback:

Me and the PSS next to the Barrett 82A1:

Link Posted: 5/21/2002 9:37:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice looking iron...

Ahh bragger.

Sorry, I could not resist.

My jealousy is showing.

Link Posted: 5/21/2002 9:41:47 PM EDT
[#2]
some people get to have all the fun, you are shooting supressed full autos and I am out firing beat up mossbergs.   is ear protection really neccesary for those guns?
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 9:46:37 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
some people get to have all the fun, you are shooting supressed full autos and I am out firing beat up mossbergs.   is ear protection really neccesary for those guns?

Yup... but this event was open to the public to rent a lot of these guns (although the ones pictured are owned by me or my friends, and our local Class III dealer) Maybe they have a similar event in your area.

As for the ear protection... no it isn't required when firing only suppressed weapons (which we did for a half-hour) but most of the day we had unsuppressed belt feds and full-autos blazing around us.
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 9:55:34 PM EDT
[#4]
So DarkHelmet when are you going to drop some coin in supressors of your own?

Do you actually live in Seattle?

I've given serious thought to getting ummmmmm "one", but I do know that our Chief of Police has refused to sign off on them.
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 10:32:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, I heard you had a lot of fun with the TPR-S...

I also understand that the WSI team "kicked much a**" in the subgun and assault rifle matches.
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 9:20:35 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
So DarkHelmet when are you going to drop some coin in supressors of your own?

I've already dropped "coin" to the tune of $900.00 on a can (counting transfer tax and cost for a threaded barrel). Just waiting for my tax stamp now.

Do you actually live in Seattle?

No... but close

I've given serious thought to getting ummmmmm "one", but I do know that our Chief of Police has refused to sign off on them.

Form a corporation. That's what I did because my cheif wouldn't sign either(read: T-O-O-L). Check out Subguns.com and TitleII.com For info on how to form a corp and what some of the pro's and con's are to going the corproate route.
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 9:23:05 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Yeah, I heard you had a lot of fun with the TPR-S...

Yes.... always make sure that you properly install the suppressor on the end of your rifle.... otherwise it becomes a very expensive "rifle grenade" as the pressure fires it down range about 10 yards.

I also understand that the WSI team "kicked much a**" in the subgun and assault rifle matches.

Ah yes.... which is odd because we only get to play with full-auto's twice a year, and otherwise train with semi-auto.... yet somehow we go to Oregon and clean house at the competitions.
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 11:06:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Hey dark helmet, when are events like this held?
I would love to go to something like this, being in the northwest area in all.

Link Posted: 5/22/2002 11:21:27 AM EDT
[#9]
That looks like alot of fun
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 11:32:25 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
otherwise it becomes a very expensive "rifle grenade" as the pressure fires it down range about 10 yards.

That could be disastrous, from a legal standpoint,  seeing how the BATF(and other miscellaneous taxable items) considers any part of a suppressor to be a suppressor - if you blew one up - you could all of a sudden be guilty of possessing 347 unregestered suppressors. Physical injury, mayhem, and death could be the least of your worries.
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 12:02:44 PM EDT
[#11]
so you didn't 'tac out' at the range?  that was your thread wasn't it?
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 2:27:56 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Hey dark helmet, when are events like this held?
I would love to go to something like this, being in the northwest area in all.

Twice a year at the Albany Rifle and Pistol Club in Albany, Oregon. Usually May and December. Bring $200.00 for renting machine guns as the event is $12.00 per day to participate in shooting and the guns run about $10-$20 per mag/belt depending on gun type and capacity.
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 2:30:27 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
so you didn't 'tac out' at the range?  that was your thread wasn't it?

Yes... that was me... and no... I didn't bring any of the tac-gear.
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 2:49:12 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup... but this event was open to the public to rent a lot of these guns (although the ones pictured are owned by me or my friends, and our local Class III dealer) Maybe they have a similar event in your area.
quote]
I live in CA so theres no Full Auto shoots here but if I am lucky there might be a gun buy back event thats about the only gun events we have around here!
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 4:49:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Where's the M82's suppressor?
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 5:20:11 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Does such a thing exist??? A suppressed .50 would be uber!!
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 8:51:37 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Does such a thing exist??? A suppressed .50 would be uber!!

ON SALE!!! For only $1,475.00 you too can have one!

www.impactguns.com/store/awc_turbodyne.com  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top