Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2002 9:28:22 PM EDT
Hey whats up guys i was just wanting some opions on if i should buy a semi auto m60 from us ordnance. I have a pretty nice collection but i thought this one would roubd it out.

When in doubt empty your magazine
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 10:53:00 PM EDT
[#1]
its your 6k why not

course i would buy a m16 if i had 6k
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 10:59:11 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
its your 6k why not

I agree  
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 3:01:58 AM EDT
[#3]
oh this is an easy one. yes, i agree with those guys too, if I had 6k to spend, it would be on another NFA weapon like a "16".
anyway, i was curious about purchasing a semi auto belt m-60 too. then i found out about the semi auto 1919a4/a6 for about 1/4 the price of a m-60 semi. what a cost savings! it still does the same thing, send .30 cal slugs downrange, using a belted .308 round and one trigger pull equals one round fired, blah, blah, blah, blah.
anyway, i thought you might be interested in knowing that my 1919a4/a6 in .308 is a fun gun to shoot, and eats everything i've fed to it.
however, the novelty of it has worn off for me, and looking back the money i've spent on it, i could have had a nice pre ban colt AR instead.
true i already have a preban colt ar, but the more of them in the safe, the happier i am.
just some thoughts,
colt
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 7:07:30 AM EDT
[#4]
While a belt fed is a very cool weapon to own, a semi auto belt fed M60 is defeating the purpose IMO. I would guess that you already have a decent black rifle collection and you are looking for something a little wilder to keep them company, and if that is all your state will allow then go for it before they ban those too. They are expensive and very cool to handle. However, I would imagine that after shooting only a few belts on semi, you will get bored with it, especially if you only fired M60's on full auto prior to this.  
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 10:00:36 AM EDT
[#5]
I was at the Angeles Shooting Range(12651 Little Tujunga Cyn. Rd. San Fernando, CA 91342
800-499-4486), and this one fellow next to me had one of those semi-auto M60s. It jams after firing 3-4 shots. I asked him why don't he send back to the manufacturer for repairs, and he said it was only a minor modification to some part, and he could fix it since he was a machinist.
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 10:02:56 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
its your 6k why not

Link Posted: 5/19/2002 10:12:56 AM EDT
[#7]
IMHO for what its worth, I could'nt see spending 6k on something thats just a 23lb fal or m1a.  Better to spend the 6k on alot of other rifles and ammo, optics, ect.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top