Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/16/2002 4:41:22 AM EDT
I have been looking for a AR preban lower for quite a while now and located two, and was wondering what ever one thought is a “reasonable” price, and any comments on quality would be appreciated. The first one is an Olympic Arms in like new condition. It’s running around $ 625.00. I also found a new DPMS lower that is sitting at $ 635.00. My guess is these will end up in the $ 700.00 or so range. Any comments on the assault rifle ban going bye-bye in two years ? I have a hard time spending my hard earned dollars on just a lower when for a few hundred bucks more, I could get a complete rifle. I was thinking that putting together a preban would be a good investment.

Thanks in advance for your ideas ! See everyone at BRC !!
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 5:08:49 AM EDT
[#1]
I would not buy a pre-ban for an investment, unless it is a Colt.

The AW ban will sunset in 2004. If it is not replaced by something else, there will no longer be a pre/post ban problem. If you have the need for a pre-ban, go for it.

Colt would hold it's value due to collectiblity.

Av.
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 5:16:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Westy,

MY opinion....!! i belive the AW ban will become even more restrictive & will cause the pre-bans prices to soar.........

as to the 2 lowers i have been told the Olys are ok.., but the DPMS is better, if they were local (Az.) i'd buy them both !!!

in fact i am buying every pre-ban i can get my grubby lyttle paws on, at least the ones in my area, i do not deal wyth dealers, i was one & i know what crooks some of them are, too much paperwork & what i do in gun dealing is no ones business..., i have been buying, selling & trading guns for 50 years & i do not need a trail of paperwork following me around........

Link Posted: 5/16/2002 5:17:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Are these lower receivers on an auction site or something?

At any rate, if you want pre-ban features now, go for it. Buying one now will also be a hedge against the current ban being renewed or something even worse replacing it. You have to look at at in terms of what do you really want and how much you are willing to pay to get it.

But strictly from an investment point of view, it's not such a great proposition. There are better places to put your money if you are looking for a return.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top