Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/4/2002 1:20:20 PM EDT
YES......!!

i want a NIB Pre-Ban AR-15 rifle.....!!!

now i am going to get picky; i want it to be a Armalite, Bushmaster, Colt or DPMS...!!

now i will get even pickier.......!!

i live in Arizona & i want to buy it from a private Arizona citizen..., no dealers !!
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 2:56:35 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
YES......!!

i want a NIB Pre-Ban AR-15 rifle.....!!!

now i am going to get picky; i want it to be a Armalite, Bushmaster, Colt or DPMS...!!

now i will get even pickier.......!!

i live in Arizona & i want to buy it from a private Arizona citizen..., no dealers !!

Well, if you want a preban ArmaLite you will either have to have one made in the 50s or an original AR180.  The current ArmaLite's prebans were Eagle Arms.  The reason I am telling you this is so that you won't rule out a preban Eagle Arms.  Same company, same quality, different name pre-1994.  If you can get a preban Eagle Arms, do it.  Excellent quality.  I have 4 of them, one NIB from the batch that ArmaLite sold off in the last few years (they had them stashed since 1994 when they were produced as Eagle Arms) to go along with my postban ArmaLites.  No difference in quality, they are all top notch.
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 3:05:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Jack, "you've got mail"
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 3:17:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Im still kicking my self in the ass. i had a chance to buy a colt 16'' sporter preban nib for 1000.00 cash from a guy about a year ago. you dont get that chance very often. but i know the guy that bought it so maybe there is still a glimmer of hope.

good luck!
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 4:54:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Last week the following people had 2 Eagle Arms Carbines that would fill the bill..   They're asking $1295.00 each..   They had 3, my wife bought one at the last gun show in Phx..  They also have some colts...   Their E-Mail is [email protected]
Link Posted: 5/5/2002 3:59:26 AM EDT
[#5]
thanx a bunch guys !!

LarryG,
i knew that !! i guess i am starting to experience those senior moments more often now, ohh well, i guess we'll all go thru it sometyme or another, thank you very much for your info....

FT1,
i am heading out now to check the mail.........thanx !

TNR,
tell me about it, i have passed up so many good deals when i was younger & the money was tight, now i am older & money is not an issue, i just can not find the toys i want......

BigYeti,
thanx, but are they dealers ? i will send them a note asking for the details, i do not get up to Phoenix to often, is their gun shows fairly large ??

S'funny that no one asked why i want a NIB pre-ban, i want one simply because i missed my chance to get one when they were as common as fleas, i also want the experience of owning one new, one that i can say no one ever fired this rifle, i will be the first !!

i have 3 AR-15s, bought them all used two pre-bans (Colt & E.A.)& a post ban (Bushmaster) now i just want a brand new rifle.......

Link Posted: 5/5/2002 6:04:14 AM EDT
[#6]
CJ, you have mail.  Not that it's what you want, but it's a supposedly preban/nib Oly.  Guy is in the PRK.

-hanko
Link Posted: 5/5/2002 2:02:18 PM EDT
[#7]
hanko,

read that Email, gawd do i ever sympathize wwyth that poor fella.., what da f**k is wrong in this country that a man who bought somthyng legaly can now go to prison, those poor folks in Commiefornia have got to stage a rebellion & take back the state......, what the hell did they do out there ban their constitution ?? when i lived there, (under Reagan) the states constitution still included the right to keep & bear arms.........

Link Posted: 5/5/2002 5:44:28 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
hanko,

read that Email, gawd do i ever sympathize wwyth that poor fella.., what da f**k is wrong in this country that a man who bought somthyng legaly can now go to prison, those poor folks in Commiefornia have got to stage a rebellion & take back the state......, what the hell did they do out there ban their constitution ?? when i lived there, (under Reagan) the states constitution still included the right to keep & bear arms.........

I've heard that some people here register a range gun & that's it.  Maybe a couple of pistols and one evil 'assault rifle'.  As for my wife and me, it gives a lot of credence to our moving to a state where your conduct, good or bad, isn't blamed on your upbringing/parents (around or not)/what you eat/why you flunked out of grade school/etc.

Not to say I won't miss the weather, buying a couple of fresh crab off the boat, and food in general.  The state is disintegrating a little more every day.

I just did a quick read of the PRK 'constitution'...couldn't see a thing as to rkba.

-hanko
Link Posted: 5/5/2002 6:43:59 PM EDT
[#9]
The dealer in Phoenix is LE only, except for deals from his residence or at a show...   We have a Show here in Tucson in 2 weeks, at the Fair Grounds..  You oughta check there..  I'll keep an eye open and let you know...   The shows in Phx are twice the size of Tucson, and in December they have a real big one..   Are you in Tucson also??
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 4:59:03 AM EDT
[#10]
bigyeti,

yes !! i live NEAR Tucson, i live over near the "Collosal Cave" (sp?) only about 10 minutes to the Desert Trails Gun Club..., & yes i'll be at the next Tucson Gun Show.......

where do you shoot ?
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 8:42:17 PM EDT
[#11]
well folks,
i just might have found what i have been lookin fer........,X3...!!
1 Colt
&
2 Eagles

i thynk i am addicted....!! help me !! help me...!!
if you see me, a derelict on a street corner in Tucson in shabby cammies & holey sweat shirt, please donate..., it's not fer booze i swear.., it's for another pre-ban AR-15.........
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 1:06:04 AM EDT
[#12]
speaking of gun shows when is the next tucson one i got some stuff i want to sell
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 5:44:28 AM EDT
[#13]
cyrax777,

next weekend May 18-19........

whaddya got ta sell ?? anythyng for ARs ?? ammo, parts, tools ?? will you have a table or just walk around ?? do you live in or near Tucson ??

Link Posted: 5/11/2002 7:01:51 AM EDT
[#14]
CJ!!   Maybe you should start attending ARA meetings about 3 times a week...   I got so bad last month that I'm doing 90 meetings in 90 days...   It seems to help...   I haven't bought a new rifle for over 2 weeks now..  I get my 1 month chip in 12 more days...  I'm still working on step one...  Trying to come to the realization that ARs rule my life and I have no control...
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 12:50:40 PM EDT
[#15]
MEETINGS............??????????????

are you crazy ?? the last meetings i went to were VN Vets meetings where everyone told their lyfe story & tuff it is to get back into regular lyfe..., that was back in 1985ad !! that crap depressed me more than one can imagine, but i had to go for the credits i needed to be a human relations consulor......

i am as certain as i can be, my ARs have a heartbeat & a soul wyth a mind controling ability to draw me closer & closer to the gun safe.., i belive the safe is in cahoots wyth the guns, it's all so magnetic & spiritual..., at least thats what i tell my wife when i fondle one of my ARs......

i am an addict & my addiction is sanctioned by the constitution.........
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 7:38:55 PM EDT
[#16]
I gave my Gov. Carbine and SP1 Carbine quite a workout at Desert Trails today.

Hope to see you guys there some day

Biggame223

Out
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 12:45:25 PM EDT
[#17]
BigGame,

ahhhhh..., darn !!!

sorry i missed you, were you shooting at the far right side of the range ? there was a pile of brass there a foot deep !!!!!!

maybe we can get a Tucson Shooters BB here on AR-15.com ??????
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 4:59:15 PM EDT
[#18]
CactusJ.,
you 'might' consider a LNIB pre-ban.  LNIB's have almost the same value as NIB but you can shoot them !
What ever you decide don't pay the premium for NIB if you intend to shoot the rifle.  (If dollars matter.)
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 5:15:51 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
CactusJ.,
you 'might' consider a LNIB pre-ban.  LNIB's have almost the same value as NIB but you can shoot them !
What ever you decide don't pay the premium for NIB if you intend to shoot the rifle.  (If dollars matter.)

===============================================

5subs,
i will not turn down a LNIB, i have already bought one Colt thataway, i have my eye on 4 more LNIB & NIBs, by the end of the month i shud have them all........

$$$$$$$ do matter, but mean nothyng to get what i really want
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top