Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/26/2002 1:46:53 AM EDT
Can anyone give me a little info about the Cobray M-11 pistol?  Is it reliable?  Is it still in production?  
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 7:35:40 AM EDT
[#1]
I think they might still be production. I keep seeing they as a post band style. They are called the PM-11. I have not looked closely at the PM style. They do not have a treaded barrel like the M-11. I have had one for about 8 years and have had no problem with it.

I want to say that the M-10/11/12 (.45/9mm/.380)first came out under the name INGRAM. I also remember that the Ingram was used at some point with special ops for a short period of time before being replaced by the uzi and then the MP5.

If some one reads this and I am wrong let me know.

I saw some M-11 in shotgun news for around $375 and PM-11 around the same price. Check out shotgun news or try to do a word search under ingram. Also a company called ET CETERA,L.L.C., also in shotgun news. I hope this helps a little

steve
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 5:42:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I had a PM-11 for a while. It has the stupid ball detent to hold the mag in (the preban one had a latch). It is supposed to cause the mag to fall out if used in full-auto (ie illegally converted) the problem is it would let the metal mags I had fall down and cause feeding problems. I have seen prebans in pawn shops for 300-400. my PM-11 was $230 new out of shotgun news 7 months ago?

Definatley better then the tec 9's
And the 30 round mags are available for $20 from www.gulfcoastarmory.com
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 6:10:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I had a pre-ban M11/9 & it was very unreliable.   Even if it had been reliable, it's ergonomics were awful.   Because it's barrel was so far above the grip, it's recoil rotated the gun in your hand significantly resulting in inordinate muzzle flip for a 9mm.

I traded it in and got a Glock 26 and stuck a 33 rd Scherer mag in it for those times when I want that high capacity gangsta' image.    It works like a Glock, that is to say great!
Top Top