Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/26/2002 12:54:03 AM EDT
Who is the finest gunsmith, specializing in the Ruger Mark II ??

I installed a Volquartsen trigger in mine and clearly,  I need a gunsmith to fully realize the potential of this (gravelly) trigger.

Any ideas?
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 2:00:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Did you install the "Complete, 5 piece drop in kit designed to provide a crisp, clean 2.25 lb trigger pull." for about $83.25 or less..

Or did you install the MKII Target Trigger for about $22.00

-----------

Top of page vs half way down.....
www.volquartsen.com/STORE/default.asp?cat=Accessories+Ruger+MKII+and+22%2E45

A new trigger does nothing except gives you a nice wide place to put your finger....   The sear/hammer/trigger etc.. combo will give you the "works".  A crisp light trigger... theoretically.  I haven't actually tried this one.  I was just reading this before I read your post though.

If you got it all... and it's "gravely"... I'd call up Volquartsen and talk to them about it.  
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 8:46:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Ditto what Stealth said.  I installed the full Volq trigger group in a Mark II.  I git a crisp smooth trigger.

I am not aware  of any smiths that specialize in this weapon.  But if you didn't install the whole thing, do it.

Warning,  it is a royal pain in the butt to install these.  Be very clear on how the parts came out before removing the pins.

James
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 3:53:17 AM EDT
[#3]

I am not aware of any smiths that specialize in this weapon.

HUH? Hell's bells, Clark Custom has been in the Ruger .22 pistol business since about 1955, and you've NEVER heard of them? Quality is wayyyyyyyy ahead of Volquartsen and they offer installation, too. Not cheap, but you get what you pay for.

THE CLARK STORE LINK FOR THE TIGHTWADS
Link Posted: 4/28/2002 2:37:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Glockamolee,

Well, Jim_Dandy adds more data for you.  I have heard of Clarks but did not know they did work.  Thought they were just like Volq and sold parts.

I have no idea of the quality, but I do like the concept of a slaved pin for the sear.  Would make reassembly about 1000% easier than seperate parts.

Curious why the link is only for tightwads though

James
Link Posted: 4/28/2002 2:43:43 PM EDT
[#5]
 Can you recommend someone with more experience, only 50+ years make me a little nervious.    
Link Posted: 4/28/2002 2:56:31 PM EDT
[#6]

Curious why the link is only for tightwads though.

Because there seems to be a prevailing idea amongst some that if it's over $5 in cost, then it's expensive. You get what you pay for. If you're intent on spending $22 for some parts and you have only a half-assed notion of how to properly perform a trigger job on a Ruger Auto (and it is a little more involved than what some will admit), then you'll have a half-assed gun. If, on the other hand, you're willing to get it done right the first time, then cough up $100 and get Clark to do it. Life's too short to do things half-assed.
Link Posted: 4/28/2002 3:27:46 PM EDT
[#7]
A little off topic... but oh so tasty...

www.gem-tech.com/operator.html

Link Posted: 4/28/2002 6:20:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Another very fine one, also a gunsmith who will tweak the trigger for you..

www.lrmfireamrs.com
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 7:22:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Well Jim,

I never heard of Clarks because I have only one Ruger 10/22.  I spent time on the Rimfirecentral.com websight  learning what I should do for a better trigger.  These guys are pretty into 22s and helped me turn my 10/22 into a great little rifle.  Sort  of like AR15.com for rimfire.  Their assesment was that a drop in trigger from Volq would result in a great light crisp trigger.  They were right.

I don't begrudge anyone that wishes to pay more for a professional.  But I wouldn't consider someone that wishes to do  it themselves, to save money or any other reason, to be a tightwad.

James

Link Posted: 4/29/2002 7:32:54 PM EDT
[#10]
jimmybcool, does that mean you're a tightass?
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 9:54:26 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
jimmybcool, does that mean you're a tightass?

The floor is yours.  Flame away.  I have nothing to add to this obvious troll bait.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 3:45:59 PM EDT
[#12]

The floor is yours. Flame away. I have nothing to add to this obvious troll bait.

Is that a yes answer?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top