Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2002 8:34:55 PM EDT
Anyone know where to get true A1 uppers, you know the ones with the forward assist and no deflector? Seems like all I can find have the brass deflector. I got a preban DPMS lower (A1 style) and I am looking to build an A1 20" like I had when I was in the service. Thanks in advance...
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 9:08:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a old 20" SP1 upper that has no forward assist and no shell deflector.  It has triangle handguards, a clean bore and I only paid $200 for it.  I am currently using it as a .22LR conversion.  

I may know were to get more if you are interested.  Just shoot me an IM or e-mail and I will try to put you in touch with the guy.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 9:09:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Back in December CDNN had unused Colt A1 uppers complete minus the bolt group with chrome lined barrel and chamber, 1/12 twist, bird cage flash suppressor, tear drop forward assist and triangular hand guards. The only thing different from the A1's I used in the USMC was the finish on the receiver, it's black. An FFL friend of mine got it for me at his cost $251.00 plus $9.00 shipping. Like most wholesalers CDNN has lower pricing on all items for FFL's. My point is you can still find them in new condition without paying an arm and a leg. He also got  for me at his cost a complete RRA lower($175.00),charging handle($12.00) and bolt group(95.00) for a total of $290.00 including $8.00 shipping. I added the A1 butt stock and pistol grip from my collection of pieces parts, took the teeth off the bayonet lug and changed the flash suppressor to a permanently attached A.S.A. muzzel brake(his cost $19.00) So I now have a new, high quality, post ban legal A1 configuration for the paltry sum of approx. $570.00.
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 6:20:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Sweet deal Sukebe
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top