Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/20/2002 5:00:39 PM EDT
I was wondering if anyone has every seen a pre ban tec-9  with a Tec Kote finsih(Electroless nickle) on it? I was wondering what one of these are worth.

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 7:46:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I think I would take one if soemone gave it to me, and then just maybe.

I honestly couldn't give you a price on them. I know they aren't that valuable though.
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 7:48:24 PM EDT
[#2]
How do you place a value on a chromed and polished tird?
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 7:57:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Used between $150-200 depending on condition, new between $250-350. There are only 2 things that those do, look mean in the safe, and piss off liberals because that's what they point to as an 'assault weapon'.
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 6:00:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Tec-9 was fairly innovative for the time.  One of the few pseudo subs that could be used as a crack pipe.  Pics are out there somewhere.  Its worth about $170, but some may pay more.  ZT
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 6:16:50 PM EDT
[#5]
The overwhelming consensous is that these things, while they may look cool, are a complete POS.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 3:36:08 PM EDT
[#6]

One of the few pseudo subs that could be used as a crack pipe

[insert 50's "home of the future" commercial voice] Perfect for the crack dealer on the go! [/insert 50's "home of the future" commercial voice]

"This shiz' iz tight!' [gleaming gold tooth]
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 5:51:44 PM EDT
[#7]
A friend of mine bought a Tec-DC9 about 6 months ago,(he thought it look cool and it was cheap) hes had to replace the firing pin 4 times and hes only put about 300 rounds through it!

Josh223
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 8:42:17 PM EDT
[#8]
when they work there actuly pretty fcking cool
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 8:53:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Do a search on www.gunbroker.com, www.gunsamerica.com and www.auctionarms.com.  That will tell you the going/asking prices.

They're a spray and pray.  Can it be 'accurate'..... well, don't know.....unless one is good...
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 5:51:03 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
There are only 2 things that those do, look mean in the safe, and piss off liberals because that's what they point to as an 'assault weapon'.

Why not go for this look?

PS

Mine does look mean in the safe.
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 7:27:53 PM EDT
[#11]
you wont find a preban tec-9 under $300 even used, mine works great, its reliable as hell, Ive put thousands of rounds through it and havent replaced anything. I cant hit ANYTHING with it though. I also have a post ban tec-9 which is the AB-10, it only has a 2-3/4" barell I REALLY cant hit anything with it, not even 10 feet away.  but it was only $150 and it holds 50 rounds, its fun to play with, thats about it.
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 8:48:13 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
you wont find a preban tec-9 under $300 even used, mine works great, its reliable as hell, Ive put thousands of rounds through it and havent replaced anything. I cant hit ANYTHING with it though. I also have a post ban tec-9 which is the AB-10, it only has a 2-3/4" barell I REALLY cant hit anything with it, not even 10 feet away.  but it was only $150 and it holds 50 rounds, its fun to play with, thats about it.

Figures.... the Tec 9 'works great' while the "After Ban-10 rounds" is a POS.... that way you CAN'T hit any thing...... min well, it was like, shot out..... but I didn't fire that many rounds.  Call it bad barrel.....
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 12:22:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Tec 9=pure ghetto gun
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 5:19:43 AM EDT
[#14]
I've had several preban  Tec 9s and they were all POS. Never could find one that actually worked very well. Even had an AB10, probably even more worthless than a TEC 9.

IMHO, far from being innovative, the TEC 9 design is basicaly a modified vertical sten gun. Stens were the most basic and simple of firearms design.
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 7:42:57 PM EDT
[#15]
even worse than the Tec-9...the Tec-22. worst $150 i ever spent. the friend i bought it from desperately needed the $. i should have just given him the cash and let him keep that POS.
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 5:43:54 PM EDT
[#16]
I liked the way mine fired...9 round full auto burst.jam etc..etc...etc...I gladly let the Pawn clown give me $150 for the rat heap.an never did let on about the auto burst....
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 6:31:36 PM EDT
[#17]
I am ashamed to say that I had one...It was the worse weapon I have ever owned. Total POS...you will use ALL 36 rounds to hit something once...I traded a bag phone(back in the day) for it at a pawn shop.  I took it to the range and tried to use the 25 yard target..Yeah right...went down to the 15 yard...NOPE thats not it either...Finally went to the 7 yard targets..Never got in the circle...With crap like this is there any question why so many innocent people are killed in drive-bys???
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 6:38:09 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I am ashamed to say that I had one...It was the worse weapon I have ever owned. Total POS...you will use ALL 36 rounds to hit something once...I traded a bag phone(back in the day) for it at a pawn shop.  I took it to the range and tried to use the 25 yard target..Yeah right...went down to the 15 yard...NOPE thats not it either...Finally went to the 7 yard targets..Never got in the circle...With crap like this is there any question why so many innocent people are killed in drive-bys???

Well thats the thing, the gun is so crappy and inaccurate, that when u dont aim in a drive by its guaranteed to hit something u know? And yea, i've experienced that full auto ghettoness too. I was shooting my friend's tek, and we were at some local range. I pulled the trigger and it sprayed like water, RO yells "No rapid firing" and im like, i cant help it, its the gun! And for once, it wasn't me doing the rapid firing. I'm telling u though, everyone should have a tek just to piss a liberal off, and maybe if SHTF, you can trade it to some dumb schmoe for food and water. The ghetto homies would recognize it instantly.
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 10:31:02 AM EDT
[#19]
I was out shooting the other day and my tec-9 was the only semi-auto gun that DIDNT jam at least once. I was really suprised. I have a walther ppks, that jams almost every other round, a POS jennings 9 thats the same way, my cobray jammed a few times, even the AR jammed once, (but I was using $3.00 a box wolf ammo) I set up a clay pigion 25 feet away on the side of a hill to shoot at with the tec-9, I was aiming right at it and I was hitting 10 feet above it, 10 feet below it, on the sides......, I was aiming at the same place the whole time, finally after about 50 rounds,(Ive got the 50 round ghetto mag) I aimed low and to the left and I hit it, hey at least it didnt jam.
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 12:35:26 PM EDT
[#20]
youve got a Tec-9 AND a jennings???? hey look everybody, the crips have arrived at AR15.com!!!!
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 1:06:15 PM EDT
[#21]
lol
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 1:04:13 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
youve got a Tec-9 AND a jennings???? hey look everybody, the crips have arrived at AR15.com!!!!

heh my friend has a lorcin 32 hey if it works it works
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 3:30:51 PM EDT
[#23]
MAHABALI
you really need to buy some better guns,you shouldn't be impressed when a gun doesn't jam
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 6:18:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Maybe I shouldnt tell you I just sold it for $475 on a auction
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 9:00:06 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Dont forget about them bloods....ya'll gotta represent ya hoods up in here..hehe

Westsyde 4-life playa...=D

Honestly though, if you really want a tek-9, get it later as a collector's item. They are NOT going to rise in value anytime soon, and will always be around because people will be trying to get rid of them. But then again, you might want to get one before they all dissappear from breaks and malfunctions. Look around, and once in a while you'll find someone desparate to get rid of it, and at a cheap price too.
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 9:31:16 PM EDT
[#26]
You can tell us that but we probably won't believe you.  well then again you were stupid enough to buy it, so there is a chance someone else bought it.
Link Posted: 4/28/2002 2:36:14 AM EDT
[#27]
Whats stupid about buying one for $125 an selling it for $475? maybe Im missing something
Link Posted: 4/28/2002 8:00:35 AM EDT
[#28]
 My buddy owns a preban Tec -9 .
It works and shoots great . I shoot it often and it shoots better every time .
We had a couple problems during the break in preiod but NONE now .
Link Posted: 4/28/2002 12:42:35 PM EDT
[#29]
the only problem ive had with Tec's is that long magazine makes it hard to get out the window quickly and efficiently when me and my homies are doin a drive-by. i would think something like a sten with its narrow profile would be much more effective. especially for rear seat passengers whose windows dont go all the way down.

yes im kidding.
Link Posted: 4/28/2002 6:00:57 PM EDT
[#30]
PSSSSSS, YO D-Dog! You gots to turn da gat sideways when doing drive-by's...!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top