Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2002 2:19:32 PM EDT
I ordered a lower rec. from my local FFL in december and they still haven't got it from oly arms.  They call and they just keep pushing the date back.  How can the delay be more than 4 months?!?!?!  Business must be great if they are backordered for this long! *insert large amounts of sarcasm here*
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 2:35:06 PM EDT
[#1]
The lower I ordered from Oly about a year ago took six weeks longer than they originally quoted.  I remember complaining about them on this board, then later I noticed that the price they billed me including shipping was less than what they had quoted me for just the lower.  I think it was $72 including shipping, so I don't guess I should complain.  They told me two weeks and it was really eight total.z
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 2:40:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Shucks.... we ordered a max-hard from Oly and it made it herein a couple of days (maybe because Utah is closer to Washington?)...

But it was the Stainless Steel lower from DPMS that took 4 months...

Ted...
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 3:40:29 AM EDT
[#3]
I am on 3 months now with my OLY order from FAC. I think they are just so busy that they are filling the orders as they make them. Rumor has it that they are going to bring in some more machines to increase production.
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 7:00:57 AM EDT
[#4]
We are currently backordered about 1,000 stripped lowers. With production for receiver only orders only allocated 50-75 per week, this means if your dealer is to order them today, it will be anywhere from 90 days to 5 months for delivery. Keep in mind that this is at current production, and another CNC is now on line so production could be increased by as much as double or more. This will drastically reduce delivery times.

Also, just as an FYI, this allotment does not count towards the lowers that we are using for complete rifles. We are shipping in the ballpark of 50 complete units each day, PLUS the 50-75 stripped receivers each week. As far as rifles go, we are backordered well into the many thousands with contracts that will carry all year long.

Hope this helps.

Tom S.
Oly Arms
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 9:02:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Tom,

How does the backorder situation look for your complete uppers?  I was planning on ordering one and was curious how long it would take to get it.

Thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top