Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/15/2002 5:00:35 PM EDT
Got the FAC catalog today and they have a conversion for the Mossberg shotguns (says it fits most models).

Remove your barrel and mag tube and attach teh conversion that has a detachable 10 round drum and a vertical grip forearm. Called the Sidewinder and made by Knoxx Industries. Looks bloody evil!

Sorry if this has already been posted, but if this works as good as it looks, it's gonna rule.

Conversion and one drum, $189.95. Extra drums $89.95 and a six shot drum $49.95.
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 5:06:15 PM EDT
[#1]
A less expensive alternative is:

Insert broom into barrel,
Sweep away!
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 5:51:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I agree that the drum is kewl, but it is still a pump action shot gun, so not really in the class of the real street sweepers like the Striker-12 and the USAS.
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 7:24:32 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I agree that the drum is kewl, but it is still a pump action shot gun, so not really in the class of the real street sweepers like the Striker-12 and the USAS.

Yeah, not the real thing but I still want one.
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 11:01:38 PM EDT
[#4]
My Mossberg 590 already holds 8 (plus one chambered).  If that doesn't do the job at close range, I'm breaking out the flamethrower!
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 11:22:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Any pics or links? I've got an old 500 that's been gathering dust since I got my 590.
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 11:31:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Forgive me for saying this, but you missed the point entirely stealth!  Some things just look bad ass.  A postban AR shoots as well as a preban, but it doesn't have a flash hider or bayonet lug, so it doesn't look as cool.
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 1:24:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Here's a link to the manufacturer's site:

www.knoxx.com/product/sidewinder.html

Full write up and a few pics.

sk8brdnick, yes, this thing looks bad ass!
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 1:44:06 PM EDT
[#8]
how would you install that?
I know how to take off the bbl, but I'm not sure how hard it is to remove the tube...
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 1:48:28 PM EDT
[#9]
The mag tube is easy to remove. It is just screwed into the reciever. New guns are kinda tight though, it may take a little extra elbow grease to remove.
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 1:59:14 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Forgive me for saying this, but you missed the point entirely stealth!  Some things just look bad ass.  A postban AR shoots as well as a preban, but it doesn't have a flash hider or bayonet lug, so it doesn't look as cool.

I tend to look at firearms from a practical viewpoint first vs esthetics.  Now that I'm on track I'll say "Yep, it looks badass" and "10 shots would be very groovy in a 500".  
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 3:13:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 4:52:16 PM EDT
[#12]
I have their folding stock on an 870 and it is great.  What I like about their mag set up is it looks like the weight would be centered between both your hands.  I am curious how that would feel and handle?  It could be very quick.  I also like the idea of being able to have extra 6 round mags in your vest or on your belt. Could be good.

Even better on the new Bennelli after the AW ban sunsets in 2004?!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top