Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/13/2002 7:40:13 PM EDT
Greetings -

I could swear that there was a thread around here somewhere that listed the recommended contents for a first aid kit for the range. I mentioned it in an instructor class I'm taking, and was asked to print it off. Now I can't find it.

Does anyone have a link to info about a range first aid kit? I've tried searching and browsing, but I don't see anything.

Help a poor guy out!  
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 10:56:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't know...but this is mine.

1. Condom for the muzzle end...the little finger size ones.

2. Clean Rod with brushes.

3. Patches

4. Sight tools

5. Springs Hammer/trigger

6. Ejection spring (soon to be added.)

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 7:24:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Don't forget a 'bandana' so you can soak up the blood if you shoot 3 inch shells with your nose against your shooting hand. (Buddy actually did this)
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 8:41:07 AM EDT
[#3]
If you're speaking of something for the range to have, they would probably need to comply with OHSA regs. which would deal with type of hazards, no. of employees, no. of shooters, distance to hospital, etc.

I would think besides a normal type kit, you'd want to include items for eye injuries: sterile water or eyewash solution in pint or qt. bottles, eyepads, firm dixie cups; burns if any dumb reloaders at range; bullet holes, foil or saran wrap for sucking chest wounds, large compresses like battlefield dressings, triangular bandages; air splints if somebody falls off the back of pickup and breaks arm or leg--also good to control bleeding; ice paks and neck collar for whiplash if any hotties at range.

Individual kit could be put together but wouldn't need to include splints or collar.
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 9:22:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Opps, I mis read.  I thought you meant a first aid kit for your AR15!  SIlly me...guess I have a one track mind.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 7:13:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, the range that I USUALLY use is at work, and the correctional staff upstairs has full nursing staff with everything.

But when I teach outside of work, I'd like to put together a good kit.

I saw an article/post (I really thought I saw it here at ar15.com, and it was "sticky") that listed everything you'd want in one.

I have some generic kits, but I wanted to augment them and was going to use the post to compare....
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 9:31:23 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Opps, I mis read.  I thought you meant a first aid kit for your AR15!  SIlly me...guess I have a one track mind.

Sgtar15

LOL Sgtar, you had me wondering for a sec.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top