Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/12/2002 1:48:01 PM EDT
I have been hearing alot about these lately, but have never actually seen one or even a picture of one. I assume it is similar to the ZM weapons folder.  Anyone have any info on these? Price, etc...?  Thanks
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 3:07:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 7:01:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I must be blind, I looked all over their site earlier today.  I would have to get a different upper to have the folding stock, right?
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 9:46:26 PM EDT
[#3]
yes. lack buffer spring is replaced with a spring that goes over the barrel. it also has a redesigned bolt carrier. i belive the bost is the same. these type uppers arnt so common. they are also quite expensive. i have heard thier not 100% reliable either. if i were gonna do it, i would get teh LR300 kit.
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 9:52:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Olympic arms is a high quality, consistant manufacturer. They have "Tight Tollerances".

-Flagrant Sarcasm Off.
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 2:59:56 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
yes. lack buffer spring is replaced with a spring that goes over the barrel. it also has a redesigned bolt carrier. i belive the bost is the same. these type uppers arnt so common. they are also quite expensive.

Having talked to people who haev used them in semi and full auto, they have not had any problems and have been very pleased with them.  They work and are quite unique in AR land.

mark
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 4:46:15 AM EDT
[#6]
I think the AR-15 series of rifles has features that we all like or we would not be here. That being said the folder systems seem to employ a system that seems similar to the AK system. It would be cheaper to buy an AK than the conversion.
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 8:07:15 AM EDT
[#7]
The ZM is better built, sure is much better looking than the OA93.

Here's a size comparison, both have 14.5" barrel plus flash suppressor:
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 8:50:11 AM EDT
[#8]
I kinda like the looks of the OA93.  The reason I have been considering it was the ZM group buy thread.  Got me all excited.  The OA93 doesn't look like it has iron sights on it, appears to be optics only weapon.  But the OA93 complete weapon is about half the price of a LC300 kit, so that is making me look at it real hard.      
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 10:49:50 AM EDT
[#9]
where are you seeing a whole weapon other than non transferable or export?

to have a folding stock it must be preban. i didnt know they sold whole guns anymore.
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 10:55:35 AM EDT
[#10]
In the LE section
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 11:29:19 AM EDT
[#11]
I have an OA 93 pistol but it doesn't have the folding stock. I would like a folding stock on it but they are pretty expensive so I'm going to have to wait.

As far as being reliable, I have never had any trouble with it. Its a great shooting gun and loads of fun. I've never had a failer to feed or eject even when trying the bump method with it.

If you can find one I would recomend buying it since they are hard to find these days.

They don't have any iron sights but I put an ATN Ultra Sight on it and it works great.  
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 2:24:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Nighthawk - I'm no expert but I wouldn't put a folding stock on a pistol if I were you.  I believe that you wind up with a SBR, a short-barreled-rifle, that would then need to be registered with BATF to be "legal".

My $0.02 so.....
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 3:15:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Agreed, if you do have an SBR permit, Ace makes a folding stock for the AR.  I bought one to use on my ZM but it's really designed for the OA93 or .22lr conversions, it's scratched from having been stored with mags but email me if you'd like to buy it (complete with receiver block) off me
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 11:47:33 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I have an OA 93 pistol but it doesn't have the folding stock. I would like a folding stock on it but they are pretty expensive so I'm going to have to wait.

I have some Olympic folding stocks for $149.00 if you or others are interested.  Brand new, unused.

mark
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top