Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/11/2002 11:59:58 AM EDT
Brownells has Calvery Arms and DPMS brass catchers. Any suggestions for a flat top with detachable handle.
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 7:09:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Check out www.3bucc.com. they carry brass catchers for fixed handle, removable handle and for flat tops. New product coning out soon which cantilevers off front slot of weaver mount.
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 7:14:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 7:20:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, I don't tell this to everyone, but here goes.  I made a brass catcher out of pvc pipe and a mesh laundry bag.  Ugliest thing you ever saw.  But, I don't have to dig around through the snow to find all my brass.  It works on my AR and my bolts.  It doesn't attach to anything, just sits on the table where the brass is ejected.  Like I said, it's ugly but effective.
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 5:54:22 AM EDT
[#4]
I also made my own out of steel rod, an old football jersey and heat shrink (so the rod wouldn't scratch my receiver). Clips on to the ar upper. BTW it looks store bought.
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 7:47:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Did I mention it was the best PVC in the store?  And the laundry bag was the best Wally world had that day?  Still ugly hell though.  Looks store bought from " webeuglystuffandshit"
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 8:29:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Plastic plumbing pipe and nylon window screening can be built any way you want it.

If you're gonna be moving around, plastic tarp or old sheets sewn together.  Take some bricks or what ever to anchor it if it's windy.
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 9:26:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Do have any pics to post?
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 12:56:14 PM EDT
[#8]
yupp......!!

make one yerself, mine is an old USNavy laundry bag, held open by three spring aluminum staves i pulled from a knee brace i had, it works on a bench, standing or most any position except drive bys............

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top