Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/5/2002 1:17:05 PM EDT
Today was Glock Day in Bay City, Michigan.
Shoot whatever Glock you wanted for free (range and gun, you had to use factory ammo)

Impressions:

Glock 30, looked and felt great, good round, but.....when firing the magazine pinched the hell out of my little finger. Ouch! I could only shoot about 5 rounds. Also, 45 needs LSWC to practice with, they are cheaper and just as good.

Glock 21, felt great, shot great, too big, I already have big guns. Plus, the 45 problem with the bullets.

Glock 34, wow. Great gun, great trigger for a glock, but too big for a 9. I already have a 92 for a big nine.

Glock 21. Great, shot great, the little finger underneath thing was no problem, the gun fits my hand great and soaks up the recoil. On the buy list.

Glock 19, great. great size, feel. loved it. on the buy list.

I have ordered three NIW glock 19 pre dem magazines. I will buy the guns later, starting with the 19, then the 21. A local store will sell any model any trigger option any time for $490. I don't think the 19 mags will get cheaper, though.
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 1:24:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Weee a glock day.

I'll pass.
They going to ever have one for HK or Sig?
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 1:28:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes. They have them for all their brands. Sig day is next, the last ones I went to were Smith and Remington days.
I shot the digital 22-250 there, and some big odd cal guns...at Smith day I learned that the 99 in 40 co-made with Walther was a real POS, it would not go more than 5 rounds without a jam (fit my hand like a dream, though, like it was a mold of my hand)
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 4:42:29 PM EDT
[#3]
That is sweet!!

I've always wanted to shoot a 22-250, compair it to a .223.

I always wanted to shoot a .270 as well.
This place sounds cool.
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 5:10:28 PM EDT
[#4]
It was cooler than that.
The 22-250 was the new electronic gun.
It used a key underneath, the "safety" was a switch that turned the juice on, and the "trigger" was a transducer that did not move.
The only bad part was that the comb had a red led right under your cheekbone when you are looking though the scope, that sucked.
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 5:21:29 PM EDT
[#5]
That sounds like the most rediculous thing I've ever heard!
I'm 23 years old (as of last week) and I'm in computers as a career, so you think I would be most acceptible people when it comes to electronics and firearms, but electronics and firearm DO NOT MIX!

Electronics BLOW. Just like these new cars, yea weee its cool when its brand new, but when things get old you are going to have the most expensive piece of shit on the block.

Electronics complicate things, firearms should not be complicated. (when I say complicated, I don't mean hard to figure out, I mean more things that can go wrong)

Just like how I think electronic safes are about the stupidiest things I've ever seen.

Do you agree?
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 5:27:09 PM EDT
[#6]
No trigger creep or movement at all, none.
Set the pressure to whatever you want, anything.
Every shot is the surprise break, because there is no movement for your finger to learn so you can flinch.
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 5:34:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Sounds good in theory, we'll see where it goes.
This would be good for beginners, but a crutch nonoftheless.

Once you shoot enough, trigger control is like riding bike.

So those who learned on this electronic trigger would only be good on this trigger system.
I
'm always up for new things, I for some reason don't feel that way about this matter.
That's weird, I'm usally not like this.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top