Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/5/2002 10:35:56 AM EDT
I have just recently been feeling a strong urge to purchase my first AK-47.  I figured after purchasing my AR that I would feel complete and my rifle wants would have been satisfied. Up until then I only owned a SKS Paratrooper that uses AK mags.  Never had one problem with the weapon but it could never make me warm and fuzzy like my old '16 did...

I finally tricked the wife into letting me buy my AR. I still do not know how I did that. Must have been FM.  ( F*ckin' Magic ) beause I cannot explain how I pulled it off.

Now I working on new schemes to get my AK.  Am I just going through a phase?  Have I been listening to the peeps over at AK-47.net too much?

just kiddin'  =)

they have been helpful over there !

Should I follow my heart or should I hold off and hope the phase will pass ?

I have my eyes on a tubular side folder that has a stamped receiver.  It has blonde furniture and is very nice looking.

What do you guys think ?
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 11:11:22 AM EDT
[#1]
I bought my AK, a couple months after I got my first AR!  I love them both, and tell them so frequently!  GET ONE!!

Semper Fi!
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 12:50:50 PM EDT
[#2]
It's a phase and the phase lasts a long, long time!
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 12:56:37 PM EDT
[#3]
that's what the wife is afraid of....

We are adopting our first child next week all the way from China !  So I told the wife it will be our daughter's first rifle.  What better weapon for her than a Chinese AK!

I think there should be no more discussion...
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 11:41:20 PM EDT
[#4]
well ak's are cheap,
depending on what you want, you can get a POS norinco mak 90 for around $350 or less, everything is cheap for AK's 75 rnd drums are only $130 or so, (my chinese drum works great!, even though they arent supposed to), dont ask the wife, TELL the wife, you probibly make all the money anyway, I have a serious gun addiction, but my girlfriend understands, i bought her a walther ppk-s and a AK, so she's happy!
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 11:56:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I hate to say it, but it's too late.  You will NEVER feel complete.  You can't do anything about it.  You won't want to do anything about it.  Life becomes an endless search for the next gun, the next accessory, more mags, more ammo, another AR, and matching guns so they won't be lonely.  You will begin to agonize about what grain bullet to shoot in what gun with what twist rate (what's a grain?).  Eventually you will be forced to make the decision - .50cal or class3? - and you will change your mind back and forth about it for months.

It's a disease, it's terminal, and we all love it.

Congratulations on the adoption!  Obviously you need to research Chinese weapons, there can be no doubt about it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top